Help

Substitute Teachers

Part Dos: worst class in 6+ years of subbing

>

mooba1

Part Dos: worst class in 6+ years of subbing
Old 10-15-2018, 01:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is really just a quick update. Today’s highlights included a kid bodysurfing on his and his desk partner’s chairs. DH asked me how it was possible for that to happen. I told him this kid has the reflexes of a flea on meth, and literally cannot sit in his chair for more than 20 seconds at a time.

After lunch, one girl asked to go to the nurse, b/c she had a rash on her neck. I sent her, b/c it looked like an allergic reaction, and it was spreading. No sooner had she left the room than here came the medical emergency parade: “My stomach hurts”. “I got hit on the leg in P.E., and I need an ice pack.” “My neck is really hot”. Of course all of the complaints were followed by the same request:”Can I go to the nurse?” That would be no, no, no, and no.

Thank goodness I have an easy day tomorrow!

mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Ugh!
Old 10-15-2018, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The nurse, the nurse, the nurse.... I had a student who "needed" an ice pack. I asked why. He got hit with a football. FIVE days before. Nope, you'll live. Middle schoolers love the nurse. She's not so fond of them I they are trying to get out of class.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 10-15-2018, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Normally, I can head off clinic visits with the tremendous healing powers of a bandaid or an antiseptic towelette (both items wisely provided by the nurse), but this particular crew is certainly ailin’. Sorry, not my first rodeo.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Old 10-15-2018, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I recently indulged a MS resource student whose "levels were really low." The nurse patted him on the head and sent him right back. I thanked her later for curing this case of Bellwork-Induced-Asthma.
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

spedder1

My day
Old 10-15-2018, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I thought things were going well in the classroom I was subbing in, a self-contained spe ial ed room with K-1 students. A 1st grader went into the lassroom bathroom and got artistic with her own version of brown paint. It was disgusting. The para who clea ed up the mess needs a raise.
Kathy

spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote