Kindergarten

student

>

quest123

quest123

student
Old 10-17-2018, 07:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a kinder student who can't stay still in his seat or focus on his work. He is constantly walking to other children's desks and bothering them. He is one of 2 who do this but what do I do specifically with him to help him? He also is the type that can't do the work unless I am standing right next to him pushing him along. Would a behavior chart work for him? I'm at a loss. Thank you.

Sbkangas5

Old 10-17-2018, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you tried different seating for him? I've found that letting my kids stand, or lay, or sit on a wobble stool or cushion so they can move while working, has helped tremendously with those kids that just can't stay still.

As for the work, is he unwilling or not capable?
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 10-17-2018, 06:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Let the child move to an area in the room to work. The problem may be the need to move. Do not allow the child to bother other children if they need to work by themselves. That being said, k kids should have many opportunities for group discussion and work so make sure that is done on your classroom in addition to independent work and be sure to use positive reinforcement and natural consequences.
anna is online now   Reply With Quote