Help

Intervention & Title I Services

testing dates

>

4N4R8

testing dates
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Are there specific testing dates during which Title I assessments must be administered each year?

4N4R8 is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

I couldn't find it
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I looked at your state dept. of education website and I couldn't find the exact information. When I taught Title I in Michigan years ago, I always did my testing in the first few weeks of school to determine eligibility and form my groups.

I've taught Title I in Missouri for the last 8 years, and it has been traditional to do the testing in the spring for the following year. I find two things wrong with this: first is that the information is at least 3 months old with a summer of (usually) no reading in between. The other is that so many children move into and out of a district during the summer that I still have a lot of testing to do in the fall just to make up for the ones that missed spring testing.

I pushed the issue and it has been traditional, not mandated, to test in the spring. I use some information from spring, but most of my information comes from fall.

I hope this answers what you needed. I found it useful to locate on my state's website the administration manual for federal programs so I could refer to the mandates and know exactly what I could and couldn't do. Maybe your Title I Director could help you with a link.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

4N4R8

thank you
Old 05-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for your response. I have been teaching Title I math for 5 years now and was told when I started that I had specific dates in the fall and in the spring during which my testing must occur. As I was researching other Title I regulations, I never came across specific dates so I was curious. My school requires placement testing to take place in the fall along with testing in the spring to show growth. It is nice to know that I do not have to rush my spring testing and can teach a few more concepts before assessing the students.
Thanks again
4N4R8 is offline   Reply With Quote
flipflop33

flipflop33

Testing for Title I
Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't think that there is a certain time line that we have to follow. I have been teaching Title I reading for 10 years now. I test in the fall and spring to see where the students fall and who needs help for RTI (MTSS)Title. We give the DIBELS test. I don't JUST look at their DIBEL score, but I also look at their fall ITBS score and then then State Asssessment score from the previous year. We also look at their STAR score that we give in the fall and again in the spring.