Help

The Job Search

museum educator

>

*Annie*

museum educator
Old 06-05-2006, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay, I'm looking into other jobs now and this particular job wants a resume and salary requirements: an educator at a museum, who develops and teaches hands-on museum programs for schools, after-school groups and families. They want a college degree in education & a min. of 2 yrs exp. Has anyone worked in a museum before or know what might be a reasonable salary for this type of job? I recently sent a letter to a private school w/salary requirements (which they requested) and I'm pretty sure I priced myself right out of the running......why does it have to be so complicated?! thanks for any help!

*Annie* is offline   Reply With Quote

Elise82

That sounds like a fun job!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I once interviewed for a very similar type of program - a children's museum focused on art in the mall where kids made art projects, they did children's parties, etc. It was part-time. I didn't get the job (they wanted someone a little more flexible, I think). Oh well - it was probably good I didn't take it - the museum went "belly-up" after a few more months!

Not sure about the salary - can't remember exactly what they were going to offer me, but I think around $12/hr was all. But this job sounds like it would have more responsibility for the actual development of the programs than the job I went after. I wonder if you could do a little research into similar jobs in your area to get a "ballpark" figure so you don't price yourself too high again?

Good luck! Sounds like an interesting job.
Elise82 is offline   Reply With Quote