The Job Search

How long is too long?

>

Frustrated

Frustrated

How long is too long?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Two weeks ago I was told to call a principal to set up an interview, which I did. I talked to the secretary last week who said they are trying to fond time to schedule it. I am getting really anxious, because I keep thinking about all of the jobs I could be interviewing for, if I was not waiting for this principal. This is really just a rant - but I would love some reassurance that I am not crazy.

5thGrdTeachTN

Your are not crazy...they are:)
Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do not wait around on this principal. You have done what they have asked you to do, but then they dropped the ball.

I am almost finished with my degree in School Admin. and am working on my principal internship this summer. In talking with others in my program, it is amazing to me the number of irresponsible, disorganized principals there are leading schools. I do not think they are intentionally this way, but unfortunately there are still ramifications of their actions that negatively impact others.

I understand your frustration, but encourage you to keep looking, and if this school every does call, I would go on the interview, but go in with my eyes and ears WIDE open. Best of luck!
5thGrdTeachTN is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceK

Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Why are you waiting for this principal?? An interview is not a guarantee of a job. I totally agree with 5th grd, don't wait for this principal. Get all the balls going that you can and hopefully one will turn out.

Good luck to you!!
GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Frustrated

Frustrated

Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I caled again tofind out if the job was still aavailable, and this time I spoke with the principal. As soon as I told her who I was and why I was calling, she told me the job was filled, goodbye. Like a previous poster mentioned, what is wrong with principals? It would have been common courtesy to call me, and anyone else to say they had filled the position. And why was I told that interviews were going to be scheduled, and not even have the oppurtunity to tell them about myself. This may sound conceited, but I am a great teacher, and it is their loss that they never got to find this out. This whole experience energizes me to find a great job in a great school with a great principal.