Help

The Job Search

Interview Question

>

Claudie

Interview Question
Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In my previous interview, I was asked "Why should be hire you?" Besides the obvious answer of I love what I do, I'm dedicated to the students, school and community I could not think of anything "wow" to say. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Claudie is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieTeaches

answer
Old 07-10-2008, 07:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would say that I after meeting with the staff and principal, I am confident that I will be in an environment where I can flourish and be the best teacher I can be. Then go on to support that statement. I work well with others... I love learning from other teachers... I have a high ability to motivate my students... excellent classroom management.... etc etc. etc.
KatieTeaches is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That's a tough question! I mean, the answer seems so obvious, but you are right...how do you WOW them?

I think that it's not only what you say but how you say it. Make sure they can see that passion in you as you answer the question. You don't want it to just sound rehearsed. When I've answered that question, I've said the usual "I'm passionate about teaching, etc..." but I think it was the way I said it too. I didn't just say the words, but I showed that I truly meant it.

Hope that makes sense!
AD is offline   Reply With Quote