interview question help!! - ProTeacher Community




Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help


      The Job Search

interview question help!!

>

Reply
 
Thread Tools
aliana
 
 
Guest

aliana
 
 
Guest
interview question help!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can answer these interview questions:

What are you most looking forward to when you begin teaching?
What would you do if two kids start a serious
argument in the middle of a lesson?
If 90 percent of your students failed an
exam and you had to review the material again,
what would you do with the other 10 percent?
What are the two important things that you
must have in order to be a good teacher?


I would appreciate any help!!


  Reply With Quote

JMonk's Avatar
JMonk JMonk is offline
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 550
Senior Member

JMonk
 
JMonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 550
Senior Member
mmmm.. just how i would answer
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #2

What are you most looking forward to when you begin teaching?
Seeing the light bulb go off in the children's head...
working with kids in general

What would you do if two kids start a serious argument in the middle of a lesson?
I would tell the two students to step outside the class (if they were seriously arguing, only send one student out), have the other students start on something independently then go and deal with the students who were arguing.

If 90 percent of your students failed an exam and you had to review the material again, what would you do with the other 10 percent?
Depending on the subject, I would have them start on the next lesson or do an independent study on something else (computer research). Perhaps, have the kids that did well create a study guide for the other kids (of course not singling anyone out).

What are the two important things that you must have in order to be a good teacher?
good communication skills
flexibility
JMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherBB
 
 
Guest

TeacherBB
 
 
Guest
here you go
Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #3

1. I am looking forward to learning just as much as teaching. Since this is my first year, I am anxious to meet the kids and start working with them to help them be successful. I am also looking forward to collaborating with colleagues to learn as much as possible to be the best teacher I can be.

2. If two kids were having a serious argument in the middle of a lesson, I start the class on an activity and go outside in the hall with the two fighting. I speak to them about the behavior and tell them to stop as they are disturbing the others and that is not fair. I would then ask them if this is something we can figure out together at recess time or if we need to take it a step further and involve the principal. I would call the parents later to discuss the issue with them as well.

3. I would go over the material again in a different way...I would start the other 10 percent on a project that involves the skills we learned. I would give them some enrichment as this is what I do anyway for advanced learners. An enxample of how I did this in my classroom is when a lot of kids didn't do well on a geomety test, I gave the others a project on building a playground or a neighborhood including all the geometric concepts we learned. The others who were struggling, we would do intense smaller group instruction to clarify issues.

4. Two important things: PATIENCE and DEDICATION

Try to give examples of situations if you have experience with what they are asking...this shows you have dealt with the issue at hand adn not just speaking theoretically.

Last edited by TeacherBB; 07-10-2008 at 09:40 AM..
  Reply With Quote

Join the conversation! Post as a guest or become a member today. New members welcome!

Reply

 

>
The Job Search
Thread Tools




Sign Up Now

Sign Up FREE | ProTeacher Help | BusyBoard

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Copyright © 2017 ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net