Help

The Job Search

Who Knows about Positions

>

Mishellee99

Who Knows about Positions
Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am trying to get an interview for a school that's about 5 minutes away from me for a middle school algebra position. They had a position before that was filled, but the principal said he would definitely keep me in mind if anything else came up. Well, this new position was posted last Thursday, so I emailed him on Saturday night. I have not heard back from him and noticed that the posting was taken down off the school district website along with the ODE website. I emailed the HR lady and she said she had forwarded my materials to him like he was going to request. So, I sent a follow up email expressing my interest in the middle school position along with double checking that he did receive my materials. I have yet to hear back from him. What should I do now? I don't want to keep bothering him about it, since it's not really that good of a school, but anything is better than subbing a 4th year. I have subbed in this school a couple times before a couple years ago, and was not really impressed. But, I'm also looking at it like well it might be better if I was in my own classroom. So what should I do? I have applied in all the counties surrounding me, along with the city schools, and catholic schools, plus the county I live in. I was only called for 1 interview and that was back in February after I accepted this job at the local college that I will eventually be losing anyway.

Mishellee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

greenapple

posting requirements...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My friend had a similar thing happen to her a few months ago, except she was on the other end of the equation. It was her first year at a new school, and the principal told her that she would be re-hired for the next school year. They did re-post her position though, left it up for a day or two, then took it down. Very odd, but they told her they did need to put it up, even though it was already filled.

Just hang on! I know exactly how you're feeling... I think if you're doing all you can, then that's all you can do! Something will come around!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Mishellee99

Update on Position
Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well, I finally received an email from the principal saying that the other position has been filled. He said he will keep my resume on file in case any other positions come open. That's what he said about the 1st position as well. He appreciates my enthusiasm and interest in teaching at that middle school and also the city schools. I just really need to find a job or go into something else. Oh well, at least in a little over a month I'll be starting that 1 year accelerated science program.
Mishellee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceK

Old 07-11-2008, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Sorry it's not working out right now.... wishing you some good luck, mishellee!
GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote