Help

The Job Search

I have to give up until next year

>

EnglishTchr

I have to give up until next year
Old 07-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well, our deadline here in Texas came and went, so I am stuck here in my present position for another year. This is all sooooo disheartening for me. I have never worked harder at anything in my life. I cannot believe the ridiculous hoops we have to jump through -- just to MAAAAAYBE have a chance to get an interview. I feel like I'd have a better chance if I were a used car salesperson, and knew how to BS. Now that I think about it, a used car salesman could probably get a really good teaching job, as long as they had a degree. Good luck to all of you who are still trying for this year. Maybe this just "wasn't my time."

EnglishTchr is offline   Reply With Quote

ccmom0203

I'm Sorry :(
Old 07-14-2008, 03:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

But- I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe you are where you are for another year to even better prepare you for an awesome position next year. Or maybe this is the year you will really touch a certain child's life and make the difference for them.

I do feel your stress- I am in Texas too. But- my advice is to think about all the good points of where you are now and keep your focus there. Try to have a great year- and who knows next year very well may be your time!
ccmom0203 is offline   Reply With Quote

glopomyk

Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Sorry you didn't get to move to a new position, but at least you have a job! Many of us do not have our own classrooms and will be forced to take an aide position or sub for the next year.

Enjoy your classroom this year and try not to think of it as being stuck in your position, but fortunate enough to have your position!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
glopomyk is offline   Reply With Quote

EnglishTchr

I know
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I know I should be thankful for what I have. The job itself is fine, actually. It is the place you have to LIVE to work here that's a nightmare.

A friend of mine's Mom thinks God is keeping me here to protect me from something... Go figure!

Thanks for the moral support. I do appreciate it!

jeytex

I don't know where
Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

At least you know where you will be next school year. I don't know. I have a contract with one particular school district, but I don't have an idea where they are going to send me. This has been a nightmare. After being in a school for two years they called me and told me that I can't be in the same school. They said that they are going to send me to another place. I didn't do anything wrong in that particular school, my colleagues were surprised. Me too. I have excellent references. Because I felt so bad, I didn't ask them why. So, here I am with contract and no school to go.

jeytex is offline   Reply With Quote

EnglishTchr

in Texas?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You are in Texas? And you have a contract? But no school? Jeez... The more I hear, the more I wish I would have gone to law school!!! I'm praying for you!! God Bless You!

jeytex

I just saw it
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I just saw your comment. I am new using this system and I didn't know I had one.

Thank you for praying for me. I really need it.
jeytex is offline   Reply With Quote