The Job Search

I can't believe it..

>

shocked

shocked

I can't believe it..
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am totally shocked at the unprofessionalism of some administrators. I think it is totally rude when someone goes in for an interview and then the principal never calls to let the person know if she has the job or not. I think if the person takes time to interview, the principal should have the courtesy to contact her to let her know. Even an email would be fine. Being busy is no excuse because how long does it take to send an email...thirty seconds maybe???

ok that is my rant of the day.
Then End

glopomyk

Yup!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I completely agree! You can't tell me that by the time they are finished interviewing they don't know who they want to hire! I don't know what takes so long to let everyone know.
glopomyk is offline   Reply With Quote
OnaJobSearch

OnaJobSearch

Very typical
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have been on four interviews over the last 2.5 months and have never recieved word either way.

This seems to be the norm unfortunately.

NC5th

I agree...
Old 07-03-2008, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been on 8 interviews in the last two weeks. I've heard back from 4. And, in my opinion, a letter is not acceptable either. I appreciate a phone call either way. It's a lot better than not knowing at all. That way I can move on with my life.
NC5th is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

i agree
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This has happened to me as well....the principal just doesn;t call...a couple times the secretary has called for him/her. That is even cheap! The person can't even let me down himself! They should at least have a form letter to send just so people know they aren't hired.

Mmckie2000

I agree totally!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It makes you wonder if they have forgotten what it feels like to wait and wonder!
Mmckie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

flutetoot

Rude Administrators
Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I cannot agree with you more. I have sent numerous application packets, been on a few interviews, and no word whatsoever.

The best one was the other day...

I am certified with my MS Ed. I went on an interview for a permanent building sub (required only a Bachelors with no cert.).

The first comment out of the principal's mouth after a short greeting was "We will make a decision by Tues. You probably won't hear from us so don't be surprised." This is even before the "interview" began. Obviously, they already had someone in mind, so why bother with wasting my time (and theirs) with the interview, esp. after making a comment like that. Needless to say, I was slightly rattled after that comment.

At the end, neither the principal or ass't principal even stood up to say good bye or thank you. They simply said "okay, that's it."

Unbelievable....
flutetoot is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceK

Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

flutetoot- that is horrible!!

I also think that it's not difficult to send an email- even a mass email to just let all other applicants know the job has been filled would be ok (not idea, but hey, people need to know if the job is filled!). rant away!
GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote

SuzyQ

wow
Old 07-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Wow that was rather rude! What a way to start an interview.
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Carolyn

some will/some won't
Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am currently interviewing for a new position. I am taking the time at the end of the interview to ask when I could expect to hear from them. At that time, I thank them for their time and again mention my e-mail as a contact option. If I don't hear from them in the amount of time that is mentioned in the interview, I will e-mail them. I'd do that if I were you. Don't let them NOT contact you.

Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote

colormegreen

yes
Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I agree - they expect us to be professional but the don't extend the courtesy to us. I have been on about 7 or so interviews and only about 1/2 have let me know, others just don't respond to emails or phone calls as follow ups to the interviews. I guess they just hope we fade away. A phone call or a quick email doesn't take that much time out of their schedule.
colormegreen is offline   Reply With Quote

FancyFish

Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Unfortunately, this type of rudeness extends beyond teaching positions. My DH is an accountant. When he was actively job hunting, he went on several interviews where there was no follow up of any kind. It was truly frustrating.
FancyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
MaxineSimon

MaxineSimon

I totally agree
Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I have been irritated by this discourtesy as well. What is really getting to me, though, are the schools that do not update their websites! I had a substitute recommend me to a principal 4 months ago. He called and said he wanted to meet me, then when I called him back, nothing happened. I emailed him, sent my resume and application packet in--never a peep! They still have the job posted on their website! It hasn't been updated since March!

aargh!