Help

The Job Search

Job seekers

>

teachnkids

Job seekers
Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have read many of the posts and hear the frustration many of you are feeling in trying to find a job. It was no different when I graduated(many moons ago) so I have first hand experience.

PLEASE, consider looking in an area that is in need of teachers. A friend of a friend's daughter was up north and getting nowhere. She had done an online multi district application for NC. My friend encouraged her to contact schools directly and she did. She came to my town yesterday with two interviews set up. She stopped by a third school and was interviewed on the spot. ALL THREE SCHOOLS WANT HER!!!

So, my point is, if you can move, please do and get a job where they need you. I know NC is one state that has a shortage. Yes, our salaries may not be the same as up north(I'm from there so I know the cost of living difference), but it would be much cheaper for housing here.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions

******Spanish certified for Middle School----my wonderful school is looking hard for a teacher!!! We'd love to have you!!!

teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

colormegreen

Old 07-17-2008, 08:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What area of NC is this?
colormegreen is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well, I guess you don't need the info. since I read your other post about getting a job. For others who may want to know---NC in general is in a teacher shortage, so just about anywhere you go you could get a job.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceK

Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

yes! if you are in an area with an overflow of teachers, and can move for a job, then you can definitely find a job in a teacher shortage area. I know Indian reservations and inner cities are often looking for jobs. My first job was on the Navajo reservation and it was a great job and my friend got a job the day before school started by just talking with a principal still looking.

Good luck to all!
GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote