The Job Search

Job openings

>

curious1

curious1

Job openings
Old 07-18-2008, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am curious about the job openings I have seen on a certain school district website. Back in April/May there were lots of openings for elementary classroom teachers. I was applying to a different district(didn't get a job there though) so I didn't apply to this district. Now that I didn't get a job in my first choice district, I am looking at this district. For the whole month of June they had barely any openings. Mostly special ed and bilingual openings. That was very different than in April/May where there were tons of openings. Now in July there are lots of openings again for Kindergarten-5th.

I find that a little suspicious, as they apparently hired people for the openings they posted back in April/May, but now the same jobs are posted again. I wonder what the reason is. Did people get hired and then decide not to take the job? I desperately need a job so I am applying for jobs in that district for Kindergarten and 1st grade, but I am suspicious if this is a good district or not.

teacher.kate

Old 07-18-2008, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It could be anything. Maybe they chose not to do any hiring in the spring for some reason. Or maybe the openings they had were filled internally and now because of movement other openings are coming up. Either way I would keep applying!
teacher.kate is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My district hires all through the summer. The initial jobs go up in April, and typically those are internal transfers (although they still have to post them). Numbers change throughout the summer which is why jobs are posted. Also teachers move into different positions during the summer which opens up other jobs which are posted.

Are you sure they are the same jobs that were previously posted? It could be that teachers are moving into other positions. There tends to be a lot of shuffling around until school starts.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote
curious1

curious1

Old 07-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Well they very well could be the same job postings, but I'm not exactly sure. There are openings again for the same school and same grade level, which is why I'm a little suspicious if someone didn't take the offer or what.

Mmckie2000

Old 07-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

They may have had to wait for enrollment numbers to be verified to be certain they could hire for the slots.

Mmckie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Meekee

Old 07-18-2008, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

maybe it was first open to staff employees, know it is open to all.
Meekee is offline   Reply With Quote