Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 Math (6-8)

>

Mrs. H

Mrs. H

Title 1 Math (6-8)
Old 06-19-2006, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am teaching a title 1 math program in August 2006. Please tell me more about successful programs, resources, and results. Thanks.

LaVerne

website for practice pages
Old 06-20-2006, 01:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am new to Title I but have been a classroom teacher for way too many years to count. One site that I found helpful when I was 'regular ed' was www.scottbryce.com. Use the math worksheet generator and you can get all kinds of pages to use for practice. I especially like the LARGE WHITE SPACE it gives the students to do their work. The time and ruler sheets were large and easy to read.

Just thought it might help....

LaVerne
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Mr. I

Mr. I

Title one (Grade 6-8) Math Teacher
Old 07-23-2006, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also am starting up a new T-1 Math program in Math for grades 6-8. I'll be doing it as a connection/exploratory class with the students changing every 9-weeks. I'll be glad to share excitements/disappointments with you as the year progresses.

B.I.

soycandle

math resources
Old 08-02-2006, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I taught grades 6-8 reading and math, Title 1 program, six classes (three of each subject) a day for two years. This year I'm switching to elem. level for various reasons. I thought Accelerated Math was great because the kids could work at their own pace. I taught one-on-one and in small groups (2-3 kids) new concepts. It worked wonderfully. Each time a student earned an A on a test he/she would get to choose a piece of candy or junky prize. They work hard on the practices so they can get to a test. Most would do well on a test because the program won't print a test until the student has answered so many questions correctly. These variables can be changed by the teacher if need be. Best of luck!
soycandle is offline   Reply With Quote

fraziet

I've taught T1 Math for 12 years. TF
Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm tired of the same ole thing. Do you have any new ideas of how to kick off the new year for 2007? Thanks, Tina
E-Mail: fraziet@usd508.org

fraziet is offline   Reply With Quote
Irena_Votsam

Irena_Votsam

Your Problem
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Dear Tina,
Your message is perfect. It is just what I needed. I thinkn what you need to do is take the stupid text book and throw it in the trash. Not literally, of course. Teach your students the way you would have liked to have been taught. Use toys, gum, or candy to get the kids in action. Let the smart kids get in one corner and the not so smart in another. You can watch both groups progress at their own pace. Act like a friend to the students but don't force yourself upon them. Let them get used to you. But, I must warn you. In your message you sounded like you are starting to get bored with teaching. If you really are... quit. If your career has become a job it isn't worth it.

Good Luck,
Irene
jose

jose

title 1
Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

thanks, excellent website