Help

Gifted Education

Unit ideas

>

jrider

Unit ideas
Old 08-18-2006, 08:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I am starting my second year of gifted teaching and was looking for any suggestions for unit/topic ideas. We use the ALM model, so I will take any suggestions for that as well. I am in a pull out program K-5 and I want to try to stay away from doing the same thing every year all the time. It would be nice to have some choices for the grades. Any ideas? I am open to anything...

jrider is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

I love ALM...
Old 08-18-2006, 07:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you checked the website? I bought the Primary Activities book for K-3 (I have pullout K-4), and it has some good ideas. I also start the year with the Images of Greatness.

The other thing my students over the years have enjoyed are Interact Simulation Units. I have mixed level classes (first/second and third/fourth). I am ordering two or three units to do through the year, and then ordering a second set to use next year. That way I can rotate through and they get new units each year. You can find them here if you aren't familiar with them:
http://www.highsmith.com/webapp/wcs/...angId=-1&N=796
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote