Gifted Education

Christmas Gifts

>

Papillon

Papillon

Christmas Gifts
Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have some unique suggestions for Christmas gifts for GATE kids? I would like to give my fourth graders something meaningful other than a pencil or an eraser. If you know of some inexpensive, yet genuine, gift ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

yesteach

Class Gifts
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I bought games and LEGOs for the class last year for Christmas. Having almost 70 kids, I can't afford to give everyone a gift, so I figured I'd give a gift to the class that everyone benefits from...

I let the kids pick some games they wanted (Clue, Monopoly, CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, Scrabble, Dominoes, Checkers, Chess), and I picked some higher level thinking ones that I wanted (Apples to Apples, Newton's Apple, Cranium, Whoonu). All in all it was a great choice, since I have them from first through fourth grade (once they're identified) - so some of them will be in my class for four years enjoying their "Christmas gifts".. :-)
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Cyna

Cyna

Old 11-28-2008, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've always ordered gifts from Oriental Trading. One of the best gifts I gave my students was a notebook that had a foam cover and a sheet of foam letters and other stick-ons. I really promote using an "Idea Trap" in my classroom...a place to jot down all the ideas that pop into their heads and this was their own personal "Idea Trap." Last year I gave them a brain shaped eraser and a pencil with an inspirational quote.

I have almost 100 students, so I have to go with something economical.

Artbex

This year I bought
Old 12-07-2008, 04:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

the 3D dinosaur puzzles in the egg capsules. Mindware has them but I found them a lot cheaper at Oriental Trade. I got a dozen for $14.99.. I haven't received my order yet, I hope they aren't out of them. They also have horses in horshoe, but they are harder and more for middle school grades.
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/br...es+In+Capsules

I need to set the time-it says 4:41am and it is 6:42 here!!!

Last edited by Artbex; 12-07-2008 at 04:42 AM..
Artbex is offline   Reply With Quote