Help

Gifted Education

Ancient Civilizations

>

kbolden

Ancient Civilizations
Old 01-01-2009, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have some excellent resources to pass on about ancient civilizations? I'd like to do an intense unit on Egypt, Greece, Rome, maybe China, or even other civilizations such as the Maya, Inca, and Aztecs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

kbolden is offline   Reply With Quote

AngieB.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've done a little on the Maya and Aztecs when I did a Mexico unit last year. I've got a lot of books I've ordered on Greece, and I'm planning to do that when we go back after the holidays. A lot of my stuff is at school, but I'm about to start looking through some of my stuff on Greece that I brought home. (I planned to do that over the holidays and I've just gotten it out of my trunk two days ago, and we go back Monday!) But I'll either post back here or PM you with some of my ideas tomorrow and give you the titles of some of the resource books I've got. I'd love to hear any ideas you have also, and I would love to perhaps share pics of projects and stuff at a later time if you do anything with Greece.
AngieB. is offline   Reply With Quote

alittleperil

Ancient Civ. resource books
Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Evan-Moor has a great series of books titled History Pockets. They offer great project ideas for many areas of Ancient Civ. The book for 1-3 graders is titled Ancient Civilizations. It touches on the Mesopotamians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, and Aztecs. They offer separate, more intensely focused History Pockets (geared for 4-6 graders), on Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome. These are FANTASTIC hands-on resources, that really bring these times in history to life for the kids. They can be found on www.evan-moor.com, or I have often ordered from Barnes and Nobles, so I can look through them before buying!
alittleperil is offline   Reply With Quote