Help

The Job Search

headlines are deceiving

>

*Annie*

headlines are deceiving
Old 08-12-2006, 06:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Oh my gosh...the headline in today's newspaper reads: "Teachers in high demand" in big, bold letters, center, front page! How infuriating! They mention how "not enough educators are qualified to teach impt subjects like science, math and world languages" but never mention how there is a surplus of elementary teachers. They also say how each district has a salary schedule that gives credit for teaching exp and educational degrees...yeah, sure, tell that to us with master's degrees who they won't hire.

There is a place to comment on this story, and if anybody, esp. the CT teachers want to check it out, it's at newstimeslive.com. I can't comment til tonite, but there may be power in numbers. And it'd sure feel good to speak my mind.

*Annie* is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss Melissa

Old 08-12-2006, 11:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am from CT and them saying there is a shortage is such crap, at least in Fairfield county. I know people who have had a very difficult time finding jobs here, and the ones available are almost always special ed, and even then, they are ridiculously picky about who they hire.
Miss Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote