Help

Fifth Grade

For Parker

>

texteach55

For Parker
Old 07-25-2009, 05:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I love your room! Thanks for letting us take a peek. (see Word Wall Post down below). Everything is planned out so well and you are very organized. Where did you get your red and blue pencil cases? Thanks.

texteach55 is offline   Reply With Quote

leo1234

Love it...
Old 07-25-2009, 08:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Seeing your room makes me long for mine to be finished today.

Thanks for sharing...
leo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

parker

That's how the room looked last year
Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

, I haven't put it together for this year. The floors are getting done this week. I won't change much this year.

After teaching for over 30 years, I don't collect a lot of extraneous materials anymore. I found that I often never used stuff and it just cluttered up everything. We moved into this new wing 2 years ago and I pitched or gave away tons of stuff. I enjoy not having to spend my time packing up and unpacking things I haven't used in years and probably, in reality, won't. And I don't spend a lot of time looking for anything anymore, I know where it is if I have it.

I bought the pencil cases from The Dollar Tree last summer. Most of them made it through the year. Only 1 or 2 had zipper failure. I have my students keep their scissors, glue stick, highlighter, correcting pen, spare pen and spare pencil in there, which saves a lot of time handing all those things out everytime we need them. And when the kids dropped them they didn't break open and spill the contents everywhere or make a lot of noise like a pencil box does.

This year I couldn't find them at The Dollar Tree, but they might have them now or a little later. My closest Dollar Tree is a couple of hours away (I'm in a very remote location), so I don't get there often. I ended up buying the sliding box pencil cases because that's what they had.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote

sunsets11

Oh My
Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Oh my... I'm in love with your room!

You have a spot for everything and it's so colorful!!! I don't get to start mine until next week, but this is what I'm going to strive for!
sunsets11 is offline   Reply With Quote

JacobsMommy

? for Parker--
Old 07-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Just out of curiosity, how many students do you teach??? Your room is so cozy! I love it!! I may have to go buy a lamp or two!

JacobsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

parker

Ahhh...that's the deceptive part
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

of my room. I teach in a very small, 1 class per grade public school. Last year I had 11 students so that's one reason the room looks so open.

This year I will have 16 students, don't hate me. There are advantages, fewer students, fewer parents, fewer materials to organize and store, fewer teacher personalities to deal with, etc. and disadvantages...I've no team members to talk to about my grade level curriculum, help plan, etc. I am the entire 5th grade department (guess that makes me dept. chair, too) so I have to do/plan/implement everything for my grade level myself.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote

JacobsMommy

Not a hater...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

haha!

My husband is also a teacher. He taught at a school like that (he was the entire middle school and high school English department!) I admire you! You are right, there are pros and cons!!

His school was not nearly as nice, new, and well-equipped, though! Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, they closed the school two years ago. Luckily, he was able to get in at my school! One big, happy family!

Again, love you classroom!!
JacobsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

liketeaching1

Cozy
Old 07-26-2009, 06:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I love the way your room looks. The plants and lamps make it so inviting. Thanks for sharing!

I, too, have taught 30 years. I've spent several hours this summer moving things around in my room. Since I had to empty bookcases and filing cabinets to move them (by myself) I threw away old things, set aside things that other newer teachers might use, and feel refreshed in having less in my room.
liketeaching1 is offline   Reply With Quote

cgaddis

could you post the pics again
Old 08-03-2009, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Everyone is talking about this great looking room and I don't know where to find the pics. Could you please tell me where they are or post them again for me??? Thank you
cgaddis is offline   Reply With Quote

liketeaching1

link to parker
Old 08-03-2009, 01:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Here is the shutterfly site that she posted.

http://ocrateach.shutterfly.com/

liketeaching1 is offline   Reply With Quote