ESL/LEP

prog. reports for ells?

>

blackkitty

prog. reports for ells?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,
I am curious if any of you give progress reports (elementary teachers) to your ELLs? If so, how often and what does it include or look like? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Blackkitty

blackkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Old 10-04-2009, 04:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have kid from 4 - 8 grade.
Th 7/8 kid, I have them in a class and include a note in report cards for each student. I collect the info from their teachers, and translate it, because the teachers can't do it for themselves. NOW I translated report card comments and they principal in each school put them in the system. It is easy for teachers, because all English comments are odd numbers. The Spanish comments are the even numbers, so there is no translating involved.

In 4/5/6, I ask MY STUDENTS TEACHERS ONLY for the written comments and wil ltranlte them for those teachers. Report comments are also translated as above. I tend to ask teachers to include an ESL grade in that section, too. I want ESL to count for something for those students.
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

read&see

Old 10-08-2009, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For the past 10 years we have had progress reports for ELL's that were based on our state standards with a few tweaks. Starting this year we are giving comments on progress only. The students still receive a grade level report from their classroom teachers and then will get a comment sheet from the ELL teachers. The reports are done in English only. Parents can call and request to have the report verbally translated into their language if they wish. We have a list of trained translators who speak various languages that can be called.
read&see is offline   Reply With Quote