Help

Substitute Teachers

I had to share

>

mstngmom

I had to share
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

some of you may of you remember my post from awhile back about the students from you know where and the water incident. Well, I must have done something right after all because I got this called back from the same high school to sub for another teacher (thank goodness. )

I had already given up hope of ever subbing for that school again, but since it is my alma mater I decided to give it another try today. Low and Behold, it was the antithesis of the water incident, today was a good day. The students were well behaved, and the majority of them participated in the class, and did something constructive when/if they finished early. The teacher had the lesson plan all laid out and waiting for me when I arrived. She even went so far as to set up the projector and the DVD player for the video clip. Needless to say, I was impressed.
It was a good day today.

mstngmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Smiling Sub

Smile :)
Old 10-28-2009, 06:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am glad that you had a positive experience at this school
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

MikeRocode

Videos and CD's
Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

"She even went so far as to set up the projector and the DVD player for the video clip...."

It's always a good idea to play the first part of any DVD or CD before the class starts without the kids present just to see if it is the "right" one and the DVD/CD player works.

I subbed a 1st grade class and plan indicated: "Play the song in the CD player. CD is already in the player"

Fortunately, I started it just to see if the player was operational and was a bit surprised by the hard gangsta rap "song" that was mostly quality lyrics like "f**k, B***h, S**K...etc.

When she came back and I told her that I didn't think the CD was the right one, she blushed, stuffed it in her purse and swapped it for a kids counting CD muttering that it was her brothers CD not hers.
MikeRocode is offline   Reply With Quote