Help

Gifted Education

Any ideas for Famous Landmarks as a lesson

>

Computer Lady

Any ideas for Famous Landmarks as a lesson
Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am working with G/T pull-out students grades 3-6th. I only get them for 45 min. per week. (Very small Rual school)
I am going to have each student to do a project with a National Landmark.
1. Construct the landmark with my criteria. (They must decide what they will use to build their Landmark and bring the supplies with them to school.)
2. They must do a minimum of 4 page report in Microsoft word w/full research on their Landmark.
3. Final part is to do a power-point on their Landmark for their whole class.
Does anyone have anymore suggestions for this project, as this will last until spring-break?
Thanks so much in advance.

Computer Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

dash

Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

i did something similar with one of my groups last year. They worked on a landmark of their choice, and researched it using internet. but instead of making a report, they created a 3-D book type of a book, where they included info about that place, and made a landmark out of paper, so when you open the book it would pop up.
Some kids went all the way constructing the buildings, some just drew/ printed a photo and glued it so it can pop up.
Power point sounds good, as they all love creating something using computers.
Few weeks before the PP presentation you can post pictures of landmarks around the school with a ? on them, so other kids at school can be involved, or they can come up with 1-2 questions to quiz your GT kids. Just an idea
dash is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Take a Look
Old 12-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

at Ms Waffenschmidt. It is under lesson plans on Education World online. I use it with my third graders for a weekend challenge. I was thinking you could choose one that your students do not do as a project for an example. Then they could write their own riddle about their landmark. They should be typed so no one can tell who it belongs to. Then as they are read by someone else in class, everyone can help match the description to the correct landmark. It might be a fun way to conclude and hold students accountable for learning about all the landmarks.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote