Help

Gifted Education

Calling all gifted teachers

>

JGreen

Calling all gifted teachers
Old 12-31-2009, 07:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I was hoping you might have the time to respond. My school district is re-evaluating its gifted program. I really enjoy using proteacher, because it gives gifted teachers a chance to share ideas and help gifted students across school districts. Feel free to send me a private message with the suggested information. Thank you, in advance, for helping. In return, I would be happy to share any data that I compile.

Demographics: School Name, Address, Contact Person, School Size-Population, # of Elementary Schools, # of Elementary Teachers, # of Gifted Students.

Testing/Screening Procedures: At what grade level are students first tested? Who gets tested? (Everyone, Parent referrals, Teacher referrals, etc.) Is there anything unique about your testing process?

Program Details: Is your program a pull-out, push-in, or combination? At what grade level do students begin the program? How much time is spent working with students? Is this dependent on grade level size? Describe the grouping--single versus multi-grade; identified versus non-identified

Other: Is there collaboration with classroom teachers? Are there other responsibilities of the gifted teacher? (Math Olympiad, Resource Person, etc) How is scheduling handled for teachers with multiple buildingings? Is there other information worth noting.

JGreen is offline   Reply With Quote