Help

Kindergarten

100 Day Reading Buddy Activities

>

gracesmom

100 Day Reading Buddy Activities
Old 02-06-2010, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I my kindergarteners have reading buddies on the 100th Day and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a joint activity relating to 100 that the JK/Sks could do with their 5/6 buddies?

Thanks in advance!

gracesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

cvolcteacher

My teaching neighbour did a buddy project...
Old 02-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

between her grade two students and their grade six buddies last year. She made up 100 tiny "book covers." They were cut from various colours of construction paper with a white paper glued on the front. Each cover had a place to put a book title and a child's name.

She had her kids and their buddies read little books. Each time they completed a book, they filled out one of her tiny book covers and she attached it to a bulletin board with the title, "Today we read 100 books!" With roughly twenty kids in the class, each child read about 5 little books aloud to their buddies. I'm guessing that it may have taken an hour????

Might be an idea for you!

Best wishes,

Kerry in BC
cvolcteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

rubyanne

Old 02-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our reading buddies helped us count and place 100 fruit loops on a 100 grid and then the K students made necklaces. I also gave them a book I found on PT where they had to draw or use stickers in groups on ten on each page to make 100. The reading buddies helped the K students brainstorm things to draw and count for these books.

I had my class draw themselves at 100 years old but that is something they could do together. Give them suckers and lick them 100 times.
rubyanne is offline   Reply With Quote