Intervention & Title I Services

Thank you- every single day!

>

looping

Thank you- every single day!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I am a retired elementary teacher who decided she missed working with children. So, after five years away from my old school I am back and working as a Title 1 tutor. I really love it, classroom teachers call it a "dream job."

However, I need to quickly come up to speed on Math and Reading remediation for 3rd through 5th graders. And my life saver is this website. I print out all advice relative to my needs- nearly everyday, and that has been a lot of printing!

Those who are responding to the Board questions with such thorough, concrete advice are to be commended. Thank you for taking the time and effort.

looping is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

Old 11-01-2006, 03:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thank you for your appreciation. I do feel that Title I is a dream job, but not as simple a job as the classroom teachers seem to think. It's a joy for me to get to know these forgotten and needy students, and they really seem to attach to me too. I'm glad there has been plenty posted here to answer your questions, and we hope to see many posts from you here as well.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote
rray

rray

Thanks, again!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am a second time around Title teacher...I started with 1/2 time K and 1/2 time Title 1 math 1-8th in a little district which later consolidated into a larger district...I was in that job for 10years, then transferred to 3rd for 13 years...I asked for a transfer and was put in Classroom Reduction (Title 2) at another school, now I am back to Title 1 Math...split position...I see around 75 students in a week. There are pros and cons to both, but sometimes I find the "Auxillary Teacher" connitation difficult to take, since I know that I am here by choice and not because it is the place those "who can't handle" the classroom are placed as some used to comment on older teachers in the past. Now, I hear that the placement is for those who are thought to be able to help students meet the standards, I don't know...
I wish that we had had Pro Teacher back in the beginning of my career, but I am making good use of the ideas, now!!!

soycandle

materials
Old 11-02-2006, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Good materials are a must.

I taught Title I, 6-8th grades Reading and Math. I liked Accelerated Math for Title I because it was individualized. I could see what they had mastered and they could progress quickly through what they already knew.

I love my Reading A-Z subscription, I think SRA is a good kit to use for about a week and a half at a time until the kids grow bored with it; it does have them working on specific comprehension and vocabulary skills. I also like Ready to Go lessons from Teacher Created Materials.

Hope this helps. Best of luck. Once you get the materials you want and have it organized the rest will come.

Lynn
soycandle is offline   Reply With Quote