Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

BEE Binders in Pre-K

>

mila15

BEE Binders in Pre-K
Old 08-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you use BEE binders for your kiddos? Thoughts?

mila15 is offline   Reply With Quote

anastasiawdc

Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use them with the STAR acronym. love it, super helpful and the parents love having everything in one place! I think the binders are a little big though and I think I am going to look for something smaller this year.
anastasiawdc is offline   Reply With Quote

glitterglue

Old 08-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use a BEE folder, just a 2 pocket folder laminated. I used to have the three fasteners attached with paper in the middle for all correspondence, but found that parents would rather use their own note paper. The paper in the folders became a spot for the kids to draw and doodle so I removed it. The left pocket is for things left at home with a left hand accucut and the right pocket is for things right back to school with a right hand accucut.
glitterglue is offline   Reply With Quote

ABCand123s

Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is my first year using them. So we will see! I don't have a very big class but I have found it to be a little expensive to buy the binders, folders, pouches and so on. I hope it is worth the money!
ABCand123s is offline   Reply With Quote

learn-play

Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm also giving them a try this year. I was going for the heavier duty plastic folders with the fasting to put the pencil bag that would also work as the money bag, a place to leave one pen for parents to use. I will definately let everyone know how they work

learn-play is offline   Reply With Quote

mila15

Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you for all of the feedback so far!

I was worried that a binder might be too big for such small backpacks. I really like the idea with the left and right pockets and putting a plastic pencil pouch in a folder.

learn-play: What kind of folders did you buy?

learn-play

Old 08-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I got some folders out of walmart with the two pockets and the middle has the clips, but they are made of plastic instead of paper so I think they should be more durable, and they come in a variety of colors
learn-play is offline   Reply With Quote

preKrocks

Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use the acronym FISH for my students folders. It's a great, organized way to communicate with parents and keep them aware of what's going on in the class. Good luck with yours!
preKrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

danalea10

Old 08-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I use folders that go home on Tuesday and are sent back to school by Thursday. The children do not keep them every day.
danalea10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mila15

Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I've gotten lots of great ideas-- thank you! I'm on the lookout for sturdy plastic folders with a front sleeve and maybe three fasteners in the middle.

How do you organize your books/binders? Do students have a place to put them when they arrive? Who "stuffs" them at the end of the day?

danalea10

Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I have a plastic tote filing box where my folders are kept. Each child has their own hanging slot. We just put all the papers that need to go home in these sections and on Monday afterschool I put everything into their folders. Sometimes my assistant will do it for me if she has some free time during the day. I have a dishpan that the kids put their folders in when they bring them back to school, we check them and then put them back into their hanging slots in my plastic tote. It works for us but I am always looking for better ideas! Also we send our folders home only once a week the children do not keep them daily. Hope you get some awesome ideas! It is hard enough for our families to keep track of the folder once then to keep track of it daily and I still have two or three per year that lose their folders more than once!
danalea10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Klutzy

Old 08-05-2010, 02:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I am using them for the first time this year too. We are using the accronym of MONKEY (my organized notebook keeps everything yearlong) since that is our theme this year. I tried to get everything on sale with the back to school sales. I keep trying to look for new ideas to organize everything. We have papers that go home daily, the students each have their own bin to put papers and projects that need to go home in. They will put their binders into a milk crate and we will put the papers into the binder at the beginning of the year and then we begin to teach them how to put the papers into the binder. We did it last year with a folder and it worked. We have agendas and then they had 2 folders it became to much all over the place. Now it can all be in the binder.
Good luck to everyone who is using them for the first time this year. I would love to know how it worked for everyone.
Klutzy is offline   Reply With Quote