Help

Fifth Grade

Bloggers Wanted

>

Carolynn

Bloggers Wanted
Old 09-01-2010, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My class of 23 will be blogging this year. We'd love to have others blog with us. If you have a blog and would like to be involved please PM me. I think it would be great if we could link all of our classes together. I know the kids love getting comments!

Carolynn is offline   Reply With Quote

mishlak2

mishlak2

Re: Blogging
Old 09-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What do you use your blog for? How did you set it up? This sounds like an interesting idea that I might like to try with my kids this year. I also have a class of 23, located in south eastern PA.

mariateach

we'd like to participate.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I, too, have a class of 23 in Springfield, MO...I've started Daily 5 with them this year and I was thinking this would be a fun way for them to do the Work on Writing Daily...just let me know when you plan to start.
mariateach is offline   Reply With Quote

Carolynn

blogging
Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I set it up by starting with a class blog. I blog about events such as the first day of school, curriculum night (which we have right off), then I start posting questions, photos or videos having to do with content we are working on. The kids are allowed to comment on all of these posts. I have them practice commenting appropriately. Then I have them start posting about content...I usually start with science. They are then able to earn their own blog. Usually everyone earns their own blog by December. Their blog is then linked to ours and their parent is responsible for checking their blog (if the parent has access at home, if not then I do). They also post to our Read Books section. This part of the blog is where they write about books they are reading and comment about others books.

I thought if other classes were blogging (however you are doing it), we could connect our blogs together and the kids could comment. Authentic writing!! Yeah!!

We'll be starting mid September.

Last edited by Carolynn; 09-03-2010 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: added start date
Carolynn is offline   Reply With Quote