Help

Fifth Grade

Craft/ Art Project Ideas???

>

hflo

Craft/ Art Project Ideas???
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions you have! My school is asking every homeroom to come up with an art/craft project for each of their students. The whole class can do the same thing. The art will be put on display and sold to the parents. I need a cute INEXPENSIVE idea. I don't mind spending some money or asking for parents to donate supplies but the show is in a couple of weeks so I don't have much time. I thought of having them weave a construction paper basket but I'm not really sure how much I like the finished product. Any ideas????

hflo is offline   Reply With Quote

kmob

Floral Pens
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have the students create Flower Pens that can be sold. We sold them for a community service project, it wasn't that expensive, parents helped get the materials:

take a pen and a silk flower, wrap them together with green floral tape and then there's a pretty pen that looks like a flower.

Good luck
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tulips

arts/craft
Old 04-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've gotten small terra cotta pots and had the kids paint them and plant a flower in them.

I've gotten the little wooden shapes from Michael's and had the kids paint them and then put a magnet on the back, to make a refrigerator magnet.

I've also made vases out of glass jars. The kids decorated the outside with paint or glitter or glued tissue paper on them.

We've also painted rocks to look like ladybugs or just a decoration to use as a paperweight or put in the garden.

Also, you can try these sites. They have lots of craft ideas.

Hope it helps,
Tulips

http://www.kaboose.com/

http://familyfun.go.com/
Tulips is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Do you have an overhead projector?
Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Tape black paper on the wall. Have each student stand in front of the paper. Then shine the projector light on them. Have a classmate trace the child's silhouette profile. My experience is they look better without eyeglasses. I use chalk as it shows up better on the black paper. I also put a tape to mark the spot the students should stand on. That way all the silhouettes are the same size. Then the child needs to cut the shape out neatly removing the chalk lines. Then mount on thicker paper. Frame is possible. Add a bio poem with date if time allows. What parent would not want to purchase this treasure?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf biopoem.pdf (89.1 KB, 40 views)
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote