Help

Fifth Grade

Well...

>

MrTall

Well...
Old 05-01-2011, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I didn't get the position that I had been posting questions for with help for my lesson interview.
The principal called me and informed me that he didn't feel I was a "good fit" for their school and should search for other areas within the district. Honestly, it was a little shocking to hear that considering he had told me a few days before how he was looking forward to meeting me and seeing me in action, and seeing how the students interact with having a male teacher.
Now, from my perspective...I think there was some reverse sexism going on. I asked about the demographics of the staff within the school, you know, male vs. female faculty/staff, etc...There is ONE male in that entire school - - and it's the principal! Hmmm??? Odd??? I know that males are not as prevelant within an elementary school setting, I get that, but not even the custodians are male! Every single person, aside from the principal is a female.
I'm not a hater - females are wonderful teachers - I've learned the most from my female teachers, to be honest with you. Ohh well, my banter is over - - -Male, 2 years of experience, coaching endorsements up the wazoo, no good for that district...oh well! :-) Onward and upward!

MrTall is offline   Reply With Quote

SnackNapRead

Oh no!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Maybe something better is around the corner. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, even if we can't seem to see what it could be at the time. Keep looking!
SnackNapRead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tulips

job
Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You must be disappointed. Hopefully you'll find the school that is a good fit for you.

Keep your head up!
Tulips
Tulips is offline   Reply With Quote

purplecrayon

So Sorry!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That's really disappointing! I know many districts who (I believe) look for male teachers because they provide male students with a positive male role model (some of the districts I have taught in have been very urban, and it seems the male teacher is the only teacher some students respond to). Good luck in your search - I'm sure you'll find something soon - my district in the last week has posted multiple jobs.
purplecrayon is offline   Reply With Quote