Help

The Job Search

One last try

>

*Annie*

One last try
Old 03-20-2007, 03:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone! I haven't been here in 8 months. No one probably remembers me, but I ended up taking a waitressing job in July because I was out of time and $$ and believe it or not, it pays more than subbing and any full-time office job I'm qualified for.

It's that time of year again, and really, this is my last "season" to try to land that teaching job. (6 yrs+ and I've done it all - I truly believe I just haven't "clicked" w/the right principal - and there's so many of us seeking jobs that, that becomes key).

I haven't stepped into a classroom all year - I needed a break- but I miss the kids- not subbing- teaching. I just can't answer that phone at 5am anymore and find myself shelving books or making copies because they don't need me in the position I was called in for...etc..etc..

Anway, I do have a question. On my resume, I have an entry for "Substitute Teacher" and it just says basically that currently I'm a daily sub in various districts in the area. Then I have my long-term sub assignments listed below. I'm going to a Teacher Fair this week and I have to say I'm a sub, (why wouldn't I be in their eyes, right?) But do you think they would ever check that out down the line if it ever came to that? My references are all from long-term assignments.

I wish you all well in your job searches. It's awful what we have to endure just to get a job. No one I know truly understands this process, but I know you do and we have to stick together!

*Annie* is offline   Reply With Quote

IMHISTORY

I remember you!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I was worried about you when you left. It is nice to see you here again.
I am in nursing school now-and I could not be happier.

I really hope things work out for you!! Keep us posted.
IMHISTORY is offline   Reply With Quote

IWannaB1

Annie
Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi:

I too disappeared but not because of work. I posted where I have been as well. I too have the same question since I haven't subbed this year either -

Good luck with the teacher's fair this.

IWannaB1
IWannaB1 is offline   Reply With Quote