Help

ESL/LEP

Certification Exam

>

txtransplant

Certification Exam
Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm taking my ESL Supplemental exam tomorrow and am kind of freaking out a bit. Granted, I definitely should have started studying before today. :/ I'm reviewing the domains and competencies and going over the practice questions from the TExES website. Does anyone have any other suggestions of things I might need to know. I'm normally a pretty good test taker and can work my way to the answers through reasoning. It helps that I took Teaching ESL in college, but that was at least two years ago. It's been a stressful week, and this isn't helping much. Then again, I guess I haven't really helped myself much.

Any help, advice, or encouragement out there?

txtransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Proudmamaof3

ESL test
Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I didn't take the ESL supplement I needed to take the full ESL certification test. It was a lot of situational questions that were based on the semantics, pragmatics, syntax, etc. of the English Language. If you are good with ELA terms you should be fine if not brush up by looking over the ELA EC-4 or 4-8 content practice resources. Good Luck!! If you took the ESL course you should be fine!!

By the way where are you a transplant from? I moved here from Michigan last year.

Last edited by Proudmamaof3; 09-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: needed to add a question
Proudmamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

emmdean

ESL question
Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hello. Did you ever get any practice questions or reviews for this exam? If so, would you be willing to share? I am just looking for any help. I am not sure if I should take a certification class or college courses in addition to what I have done.

Thank you,

emmdean#aol.com
emmdean is offline   Reply With Quote

emmdean

Your test result
Old 01-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hello. How did you do on your testing? I have a provisional Structured English Immersion certificate and I am concerned whether I should take more classes or just review study guides.

Hope all went well.

Please respond when you can.
emmdean is offline   Reply With Quote

txtransplant

Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I passed! What a relief! Now, I'm just hoping it will help me land a job next year.

I just used the practice questions that were provided on the TExES website. I reviewed those a few times, and I did fine.

txtransplant is offline   Reply With Quote