Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 Lesson Plan Template Needed

>

kroznovsky

Title 1 Lesson Plan Template Needed
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm looking for a lesson plan template. I don't want it to be like a guided reading plan. Something very basic because the real documentation will be individualized on the students' RTI paperwork. Anyone have something that sounds similar?

kroznovsky is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

What I did
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am not at my school computer but what I have done is to create what I needed in a word document by inserting a table and adjusting the boxes to fit the groups.

I basically have 2 long columns because I work with 4 and 5 grades. Along the one side I put days of the week and along the other side the times or groups.

Then I hand write in what I need for the days. I could do it on my computer but I like to write it.

Hope this is helpful.
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

r9miles

RTI paperwork
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How do you track the progress monitoring? I would love to see your schools forms. Our school doesn't have a form for tracking RTI.
r9miles is offline   Reply With Quote

BethanyC

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been trying to create my lesson plan format for the upcoming year too. Thanks for your suggestion LaVerne. Another question that has to do with lesson planning - do you usually plan lessons by the week (for example, if you are going to focus on sequencing, do you practice this for a full week.. maybe a reteach one day, worksheets another day, and a game the next). I'm coming from teaching elementary, so I'm not sure about all of the little details. Also, is doing a worksheet with the students I meet with a good use of time or should I focus more of my time on hands-on activities?
BethanyC is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

Forms and planning
Old 08-18-2012, 12:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This is only year 2 for us for RTI. We hit it last year like our admin's pants were on fire..hahaha...If there was a form to use to monitor, I didn't use one.

We had monthly PLC...professional learning communities...that were grade level and the reading/math people, counselors, etc for about 1.5 hours per grade level...all on one day. The grade level people had rotating subs come in and I had to cancel classes for the times I was at PLC. At the PLC, we would discuss students' progress. We use aimsweb for comp/fluency ( my levels are 3-5). Lower levels had also phonics pieces. I would also share other results from my title reading room...explain in bottom of this post....classroom teacher would share, behavior/parent issues discussed. Each month got better but at first we were all like WTH are we expect to say/do/have ready. We started in prin office but by month 3 we met in my classroom with access to interactive board/computer etc and more room to roam. This was helpful to me so I could pull up/out of file what I needed.

Lesson planning: the million dollar question and ever evolving...
For me, this has worked the best. I have a weekly communication sheet with teachers I service, upper level elem., and on this sheet it basically asked what reading story/skill/strategy/vocab words for the week. Last year all of each grade level were supposed to be about on the same story (HURRAH!!) as a result of prin/PLC meetings. So I used what most teachers were on for my focus for most of the lessons for the week.

Day 1: Largest vocab intro/discuss/powerpoint on interactive board with cloze sentence work/take home to study vocab sheets. Also this day is a very brief oral 'preview' of reading strategy/skill we will talk about. This day is mostly whole group.

Day 2: Largest intro of reading strategy. Usually a picture book with discussion. Sometimes an article read as whole group. Quick review of vocab with matching of word/definition using cards I made from index cards.--individual Intro of poem of the week for fluency practice.--whole group. While someone is working with me on vocab matching, the rest are rereading poem together for fluency.

Day 3: More chaotic...review of reading strategy/skill using task cards from this site and other spots as a whole group or using a powerpoint on interactive board. Then rereading of poem whole group with voices and good modeling. Then quick station work: individual task cards with reading skill and vocab matching or writing sentences using vocab. 1-2 students are reading leveled books. Not written/more oral or flashing of ABC cards so it is quick for me to assess.

Day 4: Computer...fluency assessments with me and students work on skill work on computer sites. Other students from group reading leveled readers while the others are doing Day 3 work...Basically day 3/4 flip flop students.

Day 5: Worksheet assessment. Vocab cloze sentences and brief skill/strategy work. Fun game for ending the day...

I only do 1 piece of written work a week I assess. The students do respond to their leveled readers in their journals and I will read/write back to them and we may discuss this on Day 4 or 5.

It is a struggle to get it all in and keep it flowing...This is my skeleton plan. Not sure it is the most efficient or follows all the individualization I really need to do. But with no aide/para for help, it is all I can manage with up to 40 students each year.

LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote