Help

Kindergarten

1/2 day issues!

>

teachofk

1/2 day issues!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Would love it if you would share your 1/2 day schedules. My classes are only 2 1/2 hours each. I struggle every year with fitting in everything. By the time I do 3 center rotations to allow for reading groups and my calendar/circle time which includes most of my math and some whole group language, there is little time for everything else. I want to be able to do more science and social studies and more whole group stuff, but when!? Any advice would be appreciated...would love to hear how you all make it work! Thanks!

teachofk is offline   Reply With Quote

Eli O.

Me too
Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It is so hard to fit it all in. Here is my schedule now:
8:15-8:30 calendar and announcements
8:30-8: 45. Read aloud
8:45-9:00 seat work (sight words, comprehension, writing, poetry)
9:00-9:20 centers. Right nw we only do 1 rotation. Eventually, I would like to do 2 15 min. rotations-I think 3 is too many for 1/2 day.
9:25-9:45 phonics. We use Fundations.
9:45-10:15 Recess
10:15-10:35 Math
10:4o-11:05 specials

I do science/soc st. different ways. Some weeks I do it during whole group Lang. Arts time, once a week. Other weeks I have a special day, like career day or color day. Some weeks it goes well with our story. Some weeks I don't do a story, and we do all science/soc st, like fall week. You have to be creative to fit it all in. You can also put some science activities in a center.
Eli O. is offline   Reply With Quote

bboopboop

Same thing
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am in the same boat! I only have from 8:20 tp 11 for instructional time. I teach am and pm. I really like the above posters schedule. I struggle to get a solid schedule down to follow daily. I might try doing centers 4 days a week and just switching off each day so each group does each center once. That might save some time.
bboopboop is offline   Reply With Quote