The Job Search

Getting a job without interviewing

>

2k3Teach

2k3Teach

Getting a job without interviewing
Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Did any of you or do you know of anyone who got a teaching job without having to interview? Some teachers in my district got their job because they were student teachers at the school or because they were a frequent sub at the school. Just curious if any of you got your job that way!

yesteach

Student teachers
Old 05-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I didn't, but I know that we have teachers in our district who were given preference because they did their student teaching there... someone told me it was part of the deal between our district and the student teacher program at the university.
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

I've done it twice
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've actually gotten a job twice without interviewing and once I interviewed but it was more of a chat.

The first time school was starting the next day and they needed a Title Once teacher, a friend recommended me if I could come in. I got all dressed up in my interview finery and I was filling out hiring paperwork.

The second time, I "interviewed" but it was basically already a done deal. A principal friend recommended me so we were just chatting.

The 3rd time school had already started so the prinicpal called and asked when I could start. I went in that afternoon to go over my caseload and meet the full-time resource teacher.

Really, all but one of my jobs have come without interviews. Ironically, I have interviewed more than 20 times but gotten all but one of my jobs without really interviewing. It proves it's not what you know but who you know.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
OGSubbie

OGSubbie

Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Half the time I've interviewed, it was so clear to me the P was like (thinking) "I know I'm going to hire my wife/sister/daughter/friend/male verison of those things". I hate there's laws and rules that you have interview so many people. It's more like there should be laws that people who are related should not be working in the same district.

Betty4567

Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I feel so bad now, but I got my first job this way. I was student teaching and the P. wanted me to stay. I was told I had to interview, but it was only a formality.

Betty4567 is offline   Reply With Quote