The Job Search

Need help on demo lesson

>

Mini

Mini

Need help on demo lesson
Old 02-02-2006, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay, so I have a demo lesson in a first grade classroom on Tuesday and I need some advice on what to do. She gave me this topic:

Topic #1: Good readers identify the topic of a nonfiction text to locate a likely source of information. This can be broken up into more specific objectives that you feel address this goal such as, how to identify the topic of an informational text, or, given a specific question, students will decide which books will likely have the information they need. Focus on one strategy for reading nonfiction material and thread it through the whole lesson.
She also said to have a primary focus on animals because they will be learing about the rain forest soon. Any advice on what to do would be soooo helpful to me....Thanks sooo much, I really need this job!!

Nic

a suggestion
Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi - my suggestion isn't about the lesson (sorry) but only that you move this message to one of the primary boards that more teachers who are currently teaching frequent. I'll bet you get more of a response there - and hopefully some good ideas. Good luck!
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote