Help

The Job Search

Applying Again for Reposted Positions

>

teacherinWA

Applying Again for Reposted Positions
Old 08-02-2013, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just wondering how many apply a second time for a position that is reposted because they didn't find someone the first time???
If they didn't pick me the first time - would they really choose me a second time?
One job is only a year leave replacement and they couldn't even find some one the first time. WHO are they looking for??????

Thoughts!?!?!

teacherinWA is offline   Reply With Quote

justdance

I would apply
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

can't hurt! Maybe they had someone and that person found something else? Definitely apply and sell yourself
justdance is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would apply. If this happens in my job line/district, it could be that they didn't find a candidate they liked, or only offered to the person they liked and didn't want any other choices (which would make your chances less likely), OR if the job was offered and accepted and the line filled, but the person resigned after that, then we have to request a new list from which to choose candidates. We can't use the previous list (in which cases your chances would be better). It's all about the red tape. Good luck!
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

SunShining

Old 08-02-2013, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree with the others.

A school in my district hired a 2nd grade teacher in June. She ended up getting another offer in another district and turned this one down. The principal decided to just repost the job rather than re-interview the same candidates (since their 2nd choice etc may have been offered a job since). I suppose if some of the other candidates they liked reapplied, they would interview them again. However, they may only have liked half of the candidates they interviewed, and want to bring in a few new ones this time.

Honestly, it couldn't hurt! Reposting doesn't automatically mean they're super picky and won't choose different people this time Good luck!
SunShining is offline   Reply With Quote
Oliveface

Oliveface

Honeslty
Old 08-02-2013, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I wouldn't. Notice how everyone is encouraging you, but have no tales of someone getting a job like that. There's a time to sugar coat things, but think the job search/process is not. You didn't get picked. Move on.

SunShining

Old 08-02-2013, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I still think she should apply. Honestly, what could it hurt? If she doesn't get chosen for an interview, she's exactly where she was. But there's still that tiny ray of hope that something could become of it. What does she have to lose? I highly doubt anyone has ever regretted applying for a job.

I disagree that it's sugar coating things, and I think that most of us on the forum know how brutal the job process really is. I'm in my third year of job hunting, and have come to realize that you have to have that sense of hope. I could hang my head and dwell on the fact that I haven't been offered a teaching job yet, and take it as "nobody will ever hire me" and just give up. But I know that I'm a d**n good teacher, and that the fact that I haven't been hired yet has more to do with the job market than it does me. I may only have a 5% chance of being offered a job this year, but if I don't apply it's 0%. If I want it bad enough, which I do, then I have to go with the 5%.

Last edited by SunShining; 08-02-2013 at 04:30 PM..

justdance

Totally agree SunShining
Old 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Perseverance brings good fortune!!!

jazzer

Old 08-02-2013, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I also am in the camp of encouraging you to apply again. What if you were in second place the first time around and whoever they did offer the job to backed out for some reason? The job could end up being yours.

Many times a person may not get one job in a district but the principal saw a lot of potential in that person to keep in mind for another position.

Just because we may not have heard such success stories on here does not mean they never happen.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherinWA

Clarify
Old 08-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I guess I need to clarify - I didn't even get an interview the first time for either positions - which I felt I was a lot more qualified for than positions I did get interviews for - especially the one year leave position.
I have heard both theories that Ps want experienced teachers and others who want new teachers. I fit in the middle.
I will apply for both and am thinking about emailing the P for the one year position. I am so worried that I will not find something full-time again this year and with budget cuts cannot count on my usual tutoring position.
I was mainly wondering how often this happens elsewhere and what others think about it.

Sun - I feel the same way you do about myself as a teacher!
Oliveface

Oliveface

Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

It's not even 5%. Look at what's going. Let's say 100 people apply for all the jobs you apply for. 100 different people. If you apply for more than 10 jobs, that's a thousand people. That's low balling it. There's not a thousand jobs. The schools are turning out more and more and more and more new teachers. If thousands of people are applying for the same jobs, someone is not going to get it. Sadly, it's usually the good ones. The ones getting jobs are the relatives and former student teachers of the school. I hate to say it, but I really want to give people sound advice. Once you hit that 2 year mark, no one is really going to hire you. I see so many of these threads of people saying "I spent years" looking for a job, I feel sick. I feel sick for what I went through and I know I didn't sub as long as others. I feel sick I have a job and it's terrible because of my coworkers. I just hope all of you waiting for a teaching job aren't getting in debt or turning down better nonteaching offers. Yeah, do what you want. Is there a teaching job for you (the general you)? No, and to boot more teachers will be coming in December...

teacherinWA

Pays to Stay Positive
Old 08-02-2013, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I think some people would be unhappy no matter where they end up.

My Dad used to say "Is it a you problem, or an everyone problem?" Don't let others make your job terrible.
Oliveface

Oliveface

Area
Old 08-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

It really is the area. I enjoyed my former job a lot. Regret quitting it to sub and now to teach. I keep in contact with my old boss and will go back as soon as opening is there for me full time. He could give me part time, but I can't live on that pay. I will be teaching again come Sept, but if I were to get a get something in the private sector, I would quit before summer. I feel there are very limited jobs. So, I have few options but the private sector. I do regret becoming a teacher. I also feel my college lied to me.

jazzer

Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I have been here for a while and One old goat has been posting for a while as well. I remember that she taught high school last year.

I should not rock the boat as an innocent bystander, but I am getting really sick of this holier than thou attitude from some un-named people on here who appear to believe they are so much better than everyone else.

Great thing to do when you are employed is to go on the job search and substitute boards and feel great that you are employed full time and that many of the other people who post there are not.

I am sorry, but summer is starting to get long, I am on here way too much, and am taking attacks on others way too personally.

SunShining

Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Oliveface, why are you here? You have a job and regret becoming a teacher, so you are not looking for a new teaching job. You also clearly think that none of us ever have any chance of being hired as teachers, so why do you bother posting here?

Why is the two year mark so definitive? There are plenty of people who have been hired after searching for more than two years. You can't make that generalization without knowing details of everyone's situation as well as how all principals feel about what they want in a candidate. You apparently seem to know the exact chance that I have for getting hired this year, so I would like to know that exact number, with your documented research to back that up. I look forward to this!

Of course I will do what I want, and thankfully, so will many others on this forum. If we took your advice, we'd immediately be stopping the job search and getting jobs flipping burgers for minimum wage! I sincerely hope for your students' sake you are a more positive teacher than you are a person.

Jazzer... hang in there! Summer is long and can be a difficult time for us. I've had a lot of things going on in my personal life lately and have been under an enormous amount of tension, so right now I'm very prone to letting things bother me as well. Just remember, we're in this together. Also... remember that sometimes you've truly dodged a bullet by not being hired. Look at some of the possible coworkers you could've ended up with...

jazzer

Sunshining
Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Thanks Sunshinig. I actually am employed, I have my own music education business so I maybe should not be on here either. I go to all of the forums on this board and occasionally have some things to share on each one depending on my experience. I see other people who I know are employed post here occasionally as well so I guess that is not too bad.

I was just getting sick of this particular person having a negative outlook and attacking people who have a different opinion instead of accepting that people experience different things depending on what part of the country they live in.

OneOldGoat

anxiety and stress
Old 08-03-2013, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Hey Sunshining... right there with you on the personal life...

My dad is 78 and is dying of COPD, heart failure & has increasing dementia + diabetes. His wife is mean to him and lazy. He's 6'1" and weighs 159 lbs.... and there are major issues with getting her to prepare him meals. She says "oh, he's not hungry" but if you put food in front of him, he eats it. She just asks "are you hungry" and he says "no" so then she just sits and smokes her cigs and does a sudoku instead of just making him a meal and telling him it's ready. I know that works because I've stayed with him when she's gone and that's how I roll in that situation. I came out one morning when I was visiting and he was eating cake for breakfast! and she's just sitting there smoking her cig and doing her sudoku. It's a situation I cannot effect and my brother and I have tried and tried. I've gotten her to put me down as being able to talk with the doctors and now I am driving 3 hours both ways to go with him to his doctor appointments. I'm having a heck of a time sleeping at night because I obsess about what I can do (nothing) and what's going to happen. I'm at a point where I'm not really obsessively searching for a job anymore because I'm thinking it would be better if I subbed so I have flexibility.
OneOldGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

justdance

I would like to note
Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

that whenever I read a particular poster's replies...I often will say "ouch", raise an eyebrow,etc.

Just keep in mind, things that are typed rather than spoken are very difficult to interpret.

I'm sure there are many of us on here that feel that way but are staying out of it.

Try to be a little less abrasive in your responses and I think your message will be better taken.

steelcitymom

Old 08-03-2013, 08:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I say go for it! If you don't reapply you have no chance of getting the job.
I wouldn't think to hard about what happened the first time. Around here they have to post all openings. It's a union thing. You may apply for a first grade position that opens, but they already know that they are giving the job to a sub in the building. Sometime they don't even interview because they have someone in mind.
Good luck! A lot of districts do there hiring in August after registration has calmed down.
I was hired 3 days before the first day of school! I was in a substitute workshop and the super came in and tapped a few of us on the shoulder and asked us to stay through lunch. He offered me the job but told me that i couldn't tell anyone else because the board had to approve it first!
steelcitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
needajob2013

needajob2013

I am curious...
Old 08-03-2013, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Why do you regret becoming a teacher? I am sorry to hear that and saddened by the fact that there are teachers who hate what they do while filling up a spot in a classroom. It completely takes away from those of us who have a passion for teaching and are looking for a job. By staying you are not only doing a disservice to yourself, but the students you are teaching.
Oliveface

Oliveface

Old 08-03-2013, 09:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I already said why I don't like the environment. I enjoy the students, but it's too much gossip and relatives who can do wrong, but do a terrible job yet get the best students. For example, I have a coworker and all of her bad students were put in my class. I got them in shape and she complained how I did. Just be glad I took them! More and more and more and more things like that.

I think it's funny everyone is mad at me and how I word things. So far, I'm right. I feel people do a disservice to others when they lie, even if it's to make them feel better. If you're going to try for year and years and years to get a job when there is no job for you, I'm ok with that IF you know this and IF you're not putting yourself in debt. Look at that one poster (in another thread), she was talking about having very elderly parents who were supporting her. I think now they can finally retire. After years, is she a teacher? No. I'm sure for years people here were telling "That's great. Be a sub. It will be your turn". I think you should try, but some things are impossible. Look at everyone who wants to be president. There's about five or so kids who told me "I'm going to be president" in my school. I just smile. I don't tell them "Yes, out of the millions of people running, it will be your turn one time". The world doesn't work like that. When you do fail an impossible task, you get more upset because everyone lied to you.

teacherinWA

Not mad at you
Old 08-03-2013, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Just think it is sad that you are so negative when part of this board is to encourage everyone. I don't know that you are being so honest either about the job prospects. Nothing in life is set by a schedule. I know lots who hated their jobs and lots who waited way more than two years to find a job.

I can understand reading these when you already have a job. You might have something that helped you to share and yet some might have just a lot of empty words and this is said with no particular person in mind.

SunShining

Old 08-03-2013, 10:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Oh Jazzer, you're good! I didn't mean anyone with a job shouldn't be here. But if you're not looking for a teaching job and don't have anything encouraging to say to those looking then there doesn't seem to be a point.

OneOldGoat I'm sorry about your dad My grandpa has lived in my parents' rental house for a few years and his health has been declining and its taken a huge toll on my mom. It's gotten so much that she simply doesn't have time to give him everything he needs. She let him choose between staying in the house and hiring someone to come by and help, an assisted living nearby, or assisted living in Texas (where he's from) near his much younger brother. He chose Texas, and it's been different but it was his choice. Also, my uncle had been living with him and is obviously mentally ill. It got to the point where he assaulted my mom and made detailed threats against the neighbors. This is just a snippet of the whole picture and it's been stressful for everyone. So I totally feel for you on that level.

teacherinwa I see it that way too. It's hard but it's just not impossible!

funkster

I have a job,
Old 08-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

so don't flame me. I happened acoss a thread on another board that led me to this discussion.

Above it was mentioned that no one told of a situation where someone reapplied and got the job. I know of several times this happened. I will just mention the one last year.

There was a 1st grade opening. They had to advertise even though they already knew a former teacher wanted to come back to our school to work. They did not really interview for this job, our district interviews for all the openings then discusses and offers jobs. So, she was offered the 1st grade job. Then a few weeks later my school finds out a second grade teacher is not coming back. They moved the teacher to that level because that is the grade level she previously taught and reposted the first grade job.

Life is unpredictable. There are thousands or millions of people playing the lottery. One person, or more, WILL win. It could be anyone playings except for the people who never buy a lottery ticket. So, every job you apply for is an opportunity. When looking for a job, take every opportunity.

Having said that, I think you should also keep your mind open to other posibilities. I love teaching, but as I matured I realized there were other careers that I also would have loved and have been successful in. Be aware of all the job opportunities around you teaching and nonteaching.
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

Oliveface
Old 08-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

Reading your last message really rubbed me the wrong way. I think as a professional you could have/should have chosen a better term than "bad students" I have personally never had a bad student, but who knows I have several years left in my career. Just because I was able to teach for over 30 years and never have a bad student, I guess it could happen.

I have never known a student to come to school and want to break the rules, to not learn or want to get in trouble. There are students who do all those things but because of very complex reasons. I also love to work with kids who are struggling or for whatever reason having a hard time in school and life. I think those are the "good" kids. Who are the "good" kids to you? Also why are you seeing people as either good or bad and not the individuals they are who are sometimes likable, kind and focused and sometimes not?
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

Absolutely apply
Old 08-03-2013, 11:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

I had applied for a teaching job a few years back. The person whom I gave the application packet made it sound like I was a lock for an interview, but no one called. They reported it again and I called to inquire. Turns out my packet was lost in the shuffle. I did get an interview, but not the job. That's okay, I tried and got the experience.

As for someone's assertion that you should give up after two years, no way. I don't agree with that. Sometimes it takes a while. There's a guy I know who belongs to my wife's church. He's been trying to get a teaching job for a long time now. He never gave up and just kept trying. He just got hired for this coming school year and its an elementary position, which is highly competitive.

Don't ever give up and keep trying.
Hifiman is online now   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

We had a 2nd grade opening in my building and it was between 2 teachers. They gave it to one even though it was a 4-1 vote for the other teacher (don't ask). When we had a 4th grade opening come up the other teacher applied and got it.

So yes, apply for openings no matter what because you never know what's going on behind the scenes in a school. There are politics involved that people on the outside (and sometimes the inside ) don't understand.

Also, sometimes an interview is all it takes. I know someone who interviewed for a guidance counselor position but didn't get it. They gave it to someone with experience. A position opened up in another building and she chose not to apply. She got a call to interview. Why? The prinicpal in the building where she interviewed called the other principal and said that, while they went with experience, he was really impressed with her and recommended her. She got the job without even applying. She interviewed at another building and got hired. Amazing!!! (I'm not that lucky). Again, you just never know.

Oliveface, I've read a lot of your posts and I hope you're more positive in the classroom than you are here.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

shopgirl78

Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Apply for everything, keep your mind open to anything, always try your best even if they tell you the position is full in the interview. It CAN be done. It happened for me after 3 years!
shopgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherinWA

funkster
Old 08-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

your message was right on. I sometimes feel that too many teachers feel that students are bad or good and maybe should be in a different profession.
I think out of the probably tens of thousands of students I have had over the last fifteen years, I can honestly say there probably has been only one or two that I did not like and felt were "bad" students and others would probably love to have them in their class.

Teaching has taught me to become a very forgiving person and has opened my mind to the fact that very few children can help the choices they make. They do what they know and when they know better hopefully they do better. I have been stabbed with a pencil by a student and even that student wouldn't be what I would call a bad student. He was acting out of frustration against another student and I was in the way.

iteachk2010

Go for it!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

Like funster, I read something on another board that led me to this discussion. I also am getting ready to start my 31st year teaching. I agree with a PP. Sometimes when a position is advertised they already have a candidate in mind whom they want to hire, but legally they have to advertise the position. So it doesn't necessarily mean that you weren't qualified to get the job or that you wouldn't have gotten the job if the circumstances were different. I have seen it happen many times over the years.

Below is my experience. All three times that I was hired, it was last minute.

When I first graduated from college years ago, I thought it would be easy to get a teaching position. I graduated with high distinction and had a BS-not a BA. I was EKED with an emphasis in math and science. I had taken the National Teacher Exam and had high scores. I was passionate about teaching. Well, I put out 150 applications and I didn't get a nibble. I was so discouraged. I ended up working at a daycare center during that summer in my hometown. Then the Friday before school started, I heard about a teacher deciding to retire at the last minute. School was closed that Monday for Labor Day. So that Tuesday I went to the district to re-apply. I had an interview that afternoon and was hired. School started the next day. I had to relocate to a different state and it wasn't my first choice for a position, but it got my foot in the door and helped build my reputation.

Later, when my husband and I moved to a different state across the country, I started substituting in a very large district. I made sure I was the best sub-arrived early, did extras, stayed late, left detailed notes for the teachers... and soon I was subbing in just two schools instead of a different school every day. When a position opened up midyear in another school on the other side of the city, the principal, in the school where I happened to be subbing, came in to tell me about it. He actually covered the class so I could go for an interview. I got that job thanks to him. He didn't have to tell me about it, but told me that he was impressed with what he had seen. He wanted to hire me for a full-time position, but didn't have any openings coming up. So he did the next best thing, he recommended me for that position. Again, it was a last minute opening where a second grade teacher left for a Title 1 position when it opened up in January. My reputation as a substitute in those two schools was what opened that door for me.

Several years later we moved back east. I lived across state lines from the district I had originally started at-about 30 minutes away. It was midyear and there was a new superintendent. I put in an application. I didn't hear anything. It is a small district with only 3 elementary schools and had no openings at the time. So I started working at my husband's company in the meantime. Then right before school started, they had a surge in enrollment in kindergarten and had to start a new class. I got a call to come in for an interview and got the job the Friday before school started.

I'm sure you've done some of these things, but below are some suggestions I was told when I was looking:

If you take classes, get any new certifications, do volunteer work..., update your resume and send a copy with a cover letter telling that since you first applied, you have completed this course or got certified in... You want them to see your name often so they will recognize it when they start pulling applications when positions open.

If you are able to substitute, do it. It helps for a principal to be able to put a face to a name. If you do long term subbing in a school, you can request the principal to do an observation. Tell him/her that you are interested in feedback that will help you develop your teaching skills.

Become familiar with all the different types of technology used in schools.

Be friends with teachers, administrators...because sometimes who you know can help you get that interview.

If you are comfortable with this idea, you might ask for a meeting with the principal to talk about why you didn't get hired. Be positive when you are wording it. Ask questions like, "Did I omit something on my resume?" "Do I need to take additional classes or have more experience in an area?" "Is there anything I can do to improve my chances for being considered the next time a position becomes open?"

Check with your college. Do they have a career placement center that can help you?

Are you willing to relocate? Attend job fairs in other areas. Are there certain states where they are hiring? Are there certain positions that are advertised more often? What would you need to qualify for those positions? Remember, the hard part is getting hired. Once you have the job, you can apply for a transfer later on if another position you prefer opens. One teacher I know started as our computer teacher. Then two years later a grade level position opened up and she applied for that and got it.

Are you willing to work in a low-income poverty striken area? When I got that second grade position, it was in an inner city school with few resources. For each year that I worked there, my student loan was reduced a certain amount. It was hard, but it was a very rewarding experience. I learned so much during that time and I feel I am a better teacher now because of that experience.

Are you only looking at public schools or are you willing to work in a private school? Several teachers in my school started out in small private schools before they were hired in public school.

Have you thought about tutoring? Check with the school district. Usually it is offered to teachers within the district, but sometimes they need tutors and have to go outside the district.

I have no experience with the online schools, but that might also be something to look at. I see advertisements for K-12 schools that are online. I'm not sure how they work, but it might be an opportunity to build your experience while you are waiting for a classroom position to become open.

Hang in there and don't give up. Sometimes the door is closed because there is something better waiting for you.
iteachk2010 is online now   Reply With Quote

justdance

thanks for posting your story
Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

I found it to be very uplifting and inspiring...I can tell you are a fabulous teacher!

MayCee

Absolutely Apply!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #31

When I was first looking for a teaching position I applied to several districts. I got some interviews, but no job offers. School started and no job offers. In September a district I had interviewed post a 2nd grade position. I resubmitted my application and emailed the principal and HR that I was interested in the position. I got a call the next day to come in and interview. I interviewed and had a job within a couple of hours. I was at that school for 5 years (it was a very rough couple of years toward the end of my time there) and transferred within the district to another school for a year.

The last year at my first school I interviewed at a district in my hometown. It was half way through the school year, but didn't take the job (was offered) because she couldn't offer me a permanent contract for the next school year. Last summer the principal called me and offered me a position for last school year and I'm there again this year. I had applied several times for this district, very competitive district.

So yes, absolutely apply again!!! You never know what opportunity awaits you!
MayCee is offline   Reply With Quote

AD

Old 08-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #32

Absolutely apply for the position! Apply for all positions you are qualified to teach. Then take it another step. Contact the principal. Don't email because that's too easy. Call or better yet, stop in and introduce yourself. If it's still summer, many Ps are in the buildings especially more often now that it's August.

My school district can get 500 applicants for one elementary position so you need to find a way to stick out amongst everyone.

As far as relatives getting hired, I do not believe that always happens. At least not in my area. My P hired a teacher from another state over a Skype interview with no ties to our district.

Good luck. Keep applying.
AD is offline   Reply With Quote

OneOldGoat

Old 08-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #33

so it seems to be the super majority opinion (or more) that you should reapply... based on opinion and personal experience. So go for it!
OneOldGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Mr Sensai

Old 08-05-2013, 02:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #34

Do they have your resume still on file? If so just a follow up letter stating you are still interested in the job should suffice. I mean it worked for me in the past.
Mr Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherinWA

Policy to reaply
Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

It is district policy that you have to reaply. Even if they noticed me and called me for an interview I would need to reaply. It is per our union policy for fair practice.

angelteacher

Another positive spin!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #36

I personally know of more than 7 teachers who found jobs after subbing and interviewing for over two to five years. Some interviewed in the same buildings as many as eight times. All are teaching now, love their positions, are well respected, and happy. There is no explaining the thought processes of those in the position of hiring. Keep doing your best and putting yourself out there.

My husband had a similar experience in government work. He interviewed four times with the same department over two years. He was finally hired for the fourth position and has had a wonderful career with them. He has surpassed the three hired before him in promotions. If he had not kept trying, he would have missed out on a wonderful, fulfilling career. The head boss has asked many times how in the world he was passed over the first three times. It has affected the head boss' opinion of the supervisors and he has taken a more active role in hiring.

Bottom line, YES, apply again and keep trying. Hope all goes well for you.
angelteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

ovrjoyd4u2

Nothing...
Old 08-25-2013, 07:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #37

beats a failure but a try.

So go for it. You have lost nothing and something to gain.

Don't let anyone discourage you from being the "first" to get a job you had previously been denied.

Many famous people are the first to do something that has never been down.

Blaze a trail and let the naysayers stand down wind and watch you soar.
ovrjoyd4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote