Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 progress monitoring

>

lking1970

Title 1 progress monitoring
Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am new to Title one this year. I am servicing 36 students a day as small group pull out. I am expected to progress monitor each child weekly! Does anybody have any advice on how I could go about accomplishing this? I thought about reserving every Friday as my p monitoring day but feel bad that the students will be given busy work instead of usual intervention. I would gladly accept any suggestions you could give me
Thanks

lking1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

tntworth

Progress monitoring
Old 10-10-2013, 07:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am also in Title, and teach about that many students. I only progress monitor every other week. Since I teach different programs to each pull out, progress monitoring looks different for each group. Can you tell me what programs you are using? I might be able to give you some suggestions. Also, what are you using for pm?

Last edited by tntworth; 10-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: added a question
tntworth is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

Every other
Old 10-12-2013, 12:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also do one type of PM every week but alternate between the two I do. Specifically I do the MAZE one week and the RCBM-fluency the next week. I don't use canned programs for interventions but create my own lessons.

One thing I have found helpful is to use partner reads for students I am not PMing at the moment. Or sight word phrases in pairs. It isn't busy work just needed interventions but more self guided.

I do work with upper elementary so that is helpful.
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

book_lady

Progress Monitoring
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I work with K-5th grade in reading for Title. I have a scheduled time at the beginning of each day to do progress monitoring. It has worked well and teachers don't mind us pulling them out as it is very short and usually during morning work time. This is the first year we've done it this way and I like the way it is working. I do not progress monitor during pullout time, unless absolutely needed.
book_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
MissThomasFC

MissThomasFC

PM Daily
Old 10-23-2013, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I also have about that number of students who I PM weekly. I don't do them all in one day; instead, I make sure to PM one student each day. This only takes a minute or two, and then we can go on with our group time. While I'm PMing, everyone else is reading recycled text.

jenae

Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have ~190 students in K-5 that I have to progress monitor. (120 at one school, 70 at another). I am lucky to have paraprofessionals who I plan small group interventions for--and I do 1:1 interventions. I just PM during our 1:1 time. Typically I can get through everyone in a week, but sometimes it takes me 2 weeks. At the school where I have the most kids, I PM every 3 weeks or so.

Another question, does anyone use a PM method for mathematics? I have DIBELS Next for literacy/fluency/retell. I haven't found anything yet to PM our students in math. Thanks!
jenae is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach4u4141

Old 11-17-2013, 08:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I progress monitor each week on Friday's. My students use the Raz-Kids program as I progress monitor each student. It has worked out well for my classes.
Teach4u4141 is offline   Reply With Quote