Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 assessments

>

Love2read79

Title 1 assessments
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Currently we are using DIBELS Next, STAR Reading, and Jerry L. Johns Basic Reading Inventory (mostly with the older students for this one) to determine what groups we pull out for title 1. We are not a big fan of DIBELS and the Basic Reading Inventory has been used to the point of some students remembering the stories from previous years. There are two of us testing students from the entire school (we are a small school of one class per grade level) and it usually takes us about three weeks to finish all of the testing. We would like to find a new way to go about all of this for next year and we were wondering what your suggestions would be for any new methods of testing that would show us quite a bit about what the students are struggling with and how to best help them. Any ideas?

Love2read79 is offline   Reply With Quote

jenae

Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We also use DIBELS, STAR Reading and STAR Math. I like that DIBELS has a way of progress monitoring--but I have no way to progress monitor ALL of my students in math (I do pull out services for both Reading and Math). By that I mean that I don't have a computer lab available to me, and re-STAR Testing them seems to make them apathetic to the test.

I am following this post because I'm interested in any ideas that people may have about new programs.
jenae is offline   Reply With Quote