The Job Search

future job change

>

Linda2006

Linda2006

future job change
Old 02-19-2006, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently thinking of leaving the private school where I currently teach to go to a public school. I am not completely sure how to do this exactly. I believe that I need to apply to the district headquarters that I am interested in directly, submitting a resume and all. But I feel that interviews are granted to those applicants who send the resume directly to school principals. Then an interview would happen next, followed by a sample lesson in the classroom. Am I correct in sending my resume to the district itself, as well as to each school that I am considering?

Another issue is signing contracts. I am not sure if I will be able to get a new position before my current employer has me signing a contract for next year in my current school. I cannot give up my current job without finding a new job! How does this all work out for teachers? How do they ever switch without breaking a contract? Or is it easy to secure a new position for fall in March or so?