Help

Substitute Teachers

Easy 1/2 day

>

Sublime

Easy 1/2 day
Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Sometimes I get rewarded with a really easy 1/2 day. I get to the class at 11:30, teacher doesn't leave until 11:45. I'm with the students 25 minutes before they go to lunch. Then they go straight to PE (school has its own PE teacher). Kids come back to class and work for 30 minutes before going to computer lab, where there is a teacher. I supervise. End of afternoon.
Sometimes it's a relief after a long week. This one comes before the rest of the week of full days.

Anyone else get easy afternoons like this?

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

8th grade math class
Old 01-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ugh! But this was the schedule:
6th period: WIN class - math intervention and they are all doing ALEKS on the Chromebooks. I just had to walk around to make sure they were on task.
7th period: Lunch
8th period: WIN class - math intervention and they are all doing ALEKS on the Chromebooks. I just had to walk around to make sure they were on task.
9th period: Personal plan time
10th period: Geometry (gag), but he'd taught one student the lesson the day before, so she explained it and the kids all worked hard. Small class of 12 extremely bright 8th grade students
11th period: Study hall. But math teachers do math help for students in all the other grade level study halls, so they don't have a roster. Thus....no students.

Easiest half day I've ever had.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote