Help

Substitute Teachers

That worked out well

>

mrsd5

That worked out well
Old 01-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I had a half day position booked for over a week teaching 6th grade math in the morning. The teacher has a student teacher. Easy gig, right? So I walked into the office and they were hustling to find teachers to fill in during their planning periods for an 8th grade ELA position that didn't get filled. Hmmm, my old position, sort of. I volunteered to take that position. They used the other teachers to fill in for the math teacher. Awesome day teaching something I love. Well, except for her one section of science. But they were finishing a project that counted as a summative assessment, so that worked well. All in all, a great end to my week (especially since the Christmas credit card bills are coming in).

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikhail

happy to hear
Old 01-20-2017, 02:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Glad that you had a good week too. I'm on a long-term assignment and I just stepped into the middle of what I think of something chaotic. Kids are behind in many standards especially in math. Their regular EA is away on illness and her guest EAs have been wonderful. I just wish that it's the same EA each day to end the week but each of them did a very consistent job. It's only the 2nd week after Christmas and it's not bad but when is the honeymoon going to be over?
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote