Help

Substitute Teachers

Holy Moly

>

mrsd5

Holy Moly
Old 01-23-2017, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Subs almost outnumbered staff today. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Ours is a very small building, but subs were in every grade level. I had 6th grade social studies. Love those kids! Not fond of ancient history, though. Got home and picked up 8th grade science. The teacher has jury duty, so I could be working the rest of the week. She got into the selection process today, but didn't get picked.

There's a bug going through the building. I had four kids out of one of the classes. Not one class had a full roster, either. Hope I stay healthy, as there is a huge family birthday celebration this weekend for the three local grandkids. Baby will be ONE in two days. The two girls will turn 4 and 6 next week. We joke that we know how son and wife celebrate wife's birthday.

It's turning into a good sub week! Friday is 8th grade math, though. What WAS I thinking?

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

It can be funny...
Old 01-24-2017, 03:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We've run into days like this... it always reminds me a bit of that quote that starts, "We the unknowing..." I always feel like a genius on those type of days since I know the routines, etc.

I have trouble with 6th grade math.

Hope you stay well... enjoy the party.
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Kailey123

Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I remember one time last year during a noro virus outbreak when there were fifteen subs in my school (elementary). Fifteen! I'm not even sure how they managed to find 15 subs. Although the huge shortage that we have this year wasn't as bad last year. -- Anyway, they pulled any subs they could from other jobs -- for ex., anyone subbing for a reading or resource teacher got pulled to cover a classroom -- and the principal made an announcement early in the morning to tell the school about all the subs and to ask everyone to be kind and helpful to them.

That was the worst day and thank goodness I was in 5th grade, not K or 1st where there are so many more germs. lol. But I made those kids wash their hands every time we turned around, and when they went to lunch and recess I scrubbed everything with clorox wipes. oy. Never did get sick myself.
Kailey123 is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 01-25-2017, 02:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We had a lot of subs in our building on Monday. We only have two teachers for most grade levels, but we had almost a sub in each grade level, and a few aides out.

Both Strep and Pneumonia are going through our school, as well as a stomach bug.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote