Help

Substitute Teachers

Thank heavens for compassionate teachers

>

mrsd5

Thank heavens for compassionate teachers
Old 01-26-2017, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Subbed 8th grade American history today for a half day. Was in my element and had a blast. Between classes, I was in the hall for passing period duty. The teacher next door commented that I was him the next day. He teaches math. EIGHTH grade math. Beyond what I learned in high school math for one class of incredibly bright students. I told him that I hoped he'd have pity on me. He is. Three classes are taking tests. Two others have worksheets, and he's making a key. It helps that I was on the 8th grade team with him for nearly 10 years, and he knows my math abilities.

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Subinnc

Math!
Old 01-27-2017, 02:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We're opposite! I get to teach 6th grade math on Monday and I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself
Subinnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Kailey123

Old 01-27-2017, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Omg, my nightmare! lol. I only do elementary. But a few weeks ago I did several days in 5th grade and as "luck" would have it that teacher had the advanced math group (the kids all switch around for math so they can be in ability groups). Thank GOODNESS that another teacher co-teaches with her. Normally they take turns but while I was subbing this other teacher took the lead. I had answer keys too but still had to defer to the other teacher. ugh. Math is NOT my strong point.
Kailey123 is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

I had answer keys for the worksheets
Old 01-27-2017, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Not the tests, though, which is fine. I managed to fake it through the high algebra kids. I actually "got" some of the geometry enough to help if they needed it. I learned this stuff in high school! In the 1970s. With no calculators. These kids just plug stuff into the calculators and the calculators do the work. They were working with exponents, and I actually remembered how to do exponents of exponents of exponents......
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote