Help

Substitute Teachers

Aesop updates are buggy

>

subasaurus

Aesop updates are buggy
Old 02-13-2017, 11:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This new absence manager/aesop/frontline website update is a nightmare. Glitches and limited features abound.

It refreshes incessantly in my browser, whether on mobile or desktop, says there are zero jobs available when there are plenty, and it won't let me even cancel a non-work day morning of.

I have always been able to remove non-work days the morning of if I wanted to make myself available again for the day. There was always a trash can option if your situation changed for the day and you wanted to make yourself available or you simply put in the wrong day or time.

What gives? Thought we were encouraged to keep our schedules open? Anyone else experiencing issues with it?

I feel like emailing my sub coordinator and letting them know.

Last edited by subasaurus; 02-14-2017 at 12:33 AM..
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Old 02-14-2017, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

First off, this topic should be merged because there are already at least two other threads about the new flawed AESOP website.

Sub coordinators are already aware of it. The one in my district has complained about it being a nightmare because not only does it take a long time to log in, it doesn't even allow her to view the teachers in the district in alphabetical order anymore (on her end of it), just a random list. But, if you want to email anyone, I would contact Frontline Technologies (in case they don't ever read this forum). Every time I sign in, since the latest update, takes a good 30-40 seconds, because it keep reloading the page over and over again.
NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Cayo

Old 02-14-2017, 07:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I can no longer log in on my cell phone. So, I don't have access to my schedule or available jobs unless I'm sitting in front of my computer at home. Why they rolled this out before it was thoroughly tested and debugged is a mystery. Bad enough that we are forced to play "Who's fastest on the keyboard" in order to get jobs, but inability to access the game at all is simply unacceptable.
Cayo is offline   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Yeah.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Jersey sub teacher, true this topic has been covered, but I wanted to focus on the glitches too and how it freaks out and doesn't even work sometimes... and what to do about it.

But yes, good point we should email frontline and that coordinators cannot fix these problems. Thank you.

Cayo, On my cell phone I have to push the stop button on my browser or it will refresh without stopping. What a disaster.

Last edited by subasaurus; 02-14-2017 at 07:56 AM..

NJSubteacher

Old 02-14-2017, 08:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Cayo, what kind of phone are you using? Just curious. I can log in fine with my Samsung Galaxy.

whd507

Old 02-14-2017, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I can log in on my galaxy, but the splash page comes up twice, the announcements come up twice, and I have to log in everytime I swap pages. its a disaster. it worked fine before they did this, why didnt they update the name and leave well enough alone?
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ciel

Old 02-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I hate the new aesop with a passion. That no jobs when one is available thing is annoying, and I probably have missed jobs because I assumed it was a problem with refreshing. And that 30 second wait to log in is annoying. That too has probably cost me some jobs.
It may be that they are REALLY trying to force us to use jobulator now, because it still, big surprise, works the same. The rest of the website is broken.
Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote

Cayo

Old 02-14-2017, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Re: My cell phone. It's an IPhone 5S. Never a problem logging in until now.
Cayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Cayo
Old 02-14-2017, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I also have a 5s and am having log in problems. Also being shown there are no available jobs, but if I call in there are plenty of jobs.

We are also no longer able to make ourselves available the morning of. I have no sympathy for my district when they complain about a sub shortage. The update is a mess!
Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

jobulator isnt immune
Old 02-14-2017, 08:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

the jobulator is also affected to a point, it will randomly show the cloud face with "x" eyes (its dead). but it will also glitch allowing me to click on a job, then tell me its filled, yet its still there. I used to be able to jump to aesop and get the job, but the splash screen delay has cost me jobs.

aesop does work slightly better on a linux computer, but still has glitches and is much slower than it was

whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cetti

Old 02-15-2017, 05:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I am finding that it is showing me jobs for days that I am already booked! This could end up causing trouble for schools and subs alike if we aren't careful when making sure we aren't double booking for the same day!
Cetti is offline   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Update
Old 04-24-2017, 04:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Now frontline isn't even compatible with my phone. Can't even get to the log in page! Ugh.

NJSubteacher

Old 04-24-2017, 05:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I agree that Frontline is a mess now. Even some of the older Dell computers at the school cannot log in anymore, no matter which browser you use. So if you have an older computer or even a phone more than 2 years old, you will have issues logging in.

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Express 3 phone for only $80, thankfully it works fine with Frontline (formerly aesop). It does everything the high end phones can do, just with a lot less memory space. I strongly recommend this phone if you are having trouble logging in with the older Apple devices.