While tomorrow is just another day of subbing... - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

While tomorrow is just another day of subbing...

>

mommysubs

While tomorrow is just another day of subbing...
Old 02-11-2018, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

...today I am remembering my brother, who passed away 4 years ago today, on his 30th birthday, of Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumor. Since then, I have not been able to fathom how a disease, so randomly destroying the lives of otherwise healthy children, teens, and young adults, seems so unknown to the general public. For the last four years, I have been trying to raise awareness through a 5k event. If you are interested in showing support for our cause, please feel free to like our facebook page at: www.facebook.com/RunDownCancerNow But tomorrow, I will be subbing half day at the high school and the rest at the elementary. Life will be as it always is. But for me and for so many others who lost loved ones to DSRCT, there will forever be a need to raise awareness, and find at least an explanation if not push for more research that would lead to a cure. I will take comfort in seeing my race flyers in the main office as I come into work tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that a few more students in the high school will sign up this year...

mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 02-11-2018, 08:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Mommysubs, Iím wishing your brother a very happy birthday, and hoping good memories will bring some comfort to you today.

Count me as another member of the general public who has never heard of DSRCT, but Iím going to look it up and find out more about this type of cancer. Maybe your post and your race fliers will inspire others to do the same. I wish you great success with your 5k race.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 02-13-2018, 04:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for your kind words. Hoping greater awareness will make it so that someday someone will shine a light on a cure for this terrible disease.
mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 02-13-2018, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I hope that your day goes well, and I am sorry for your loss. Having lost my brother at an early age, I know how heartbreaking that can be for a person. I love that you are making the time to do something about it for future generations. I, too, have not heard of DSRCT and wish you luck in your endeavor to education more people. Hope the race goes well.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Gr8Profession

Thank you for making
Old 02-21-2018, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

me aware of this disease. I wish you well with the 5K and I hope you can hold tight to the happy memories of your brother.

Gr8Profession is offline   Reply With Quote