Help

Substitute Teachers

Strange Aesop input error

>

Sirsubalot

Strange Aesop input error
Old 03-17-2018, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I scheduled a Special ed job a week in advance for two days at a high school last week.

When I arrived to pick up the folder, the job was for a different teacher and a different subject, but there was only a one letter difference in the name for the two teachers.

For example, instead of my assigned job in Special ed for Vivian Slate, I got business technology for Michael Slade.

What makes this more odd is that I was told " Vivian Slate" has been gone for over a year.

I e-mailed our sub tech, but it was never corrected.

Any ideas on how such a strange mistake happened?

Why is Vivian Slate still in the AESOP database?

Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

db not updated
Old 03-18-2018, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I ran into something like that a couple of times recently...in SmartFindExpress. For instance, I signed up for a kindergarten class but turns out it was 4th grade. Same teacher. I was told that the teacher had kindergarten last year but the db hadn't been updated to reflect her switch to 4th. I was told that even though the school had reported the error, the db had still not been updated by the district office. Apparently db data entry errors are not uncommon and have to be corrected or updated at the district level (I'm guessing that's a low priority for the system admin).

Last edited by luv2teach2017; 03-19-2018 at 04:32 AM..
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 03-19-2018, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The actual difference was an "l" instead of a "u", and these letters are not even next to each other on the keyboard.

Our coordinator never corrected it, so she is either out of town, or it is low priority.

In my larger district, the funds for our wages come out of the special ed department budget for special ed jobs, so if this is the case here, I don't think the special dept would be too thrilled with the mix up.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote