Help

Substitute Teachers

Let go by staffing company

>

Subtastic

Let go by staffing company
Old 03-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm not upset- I get it I didn't sub for 3 months in "your schools" - but I have to vent about this company. I think they are more in making money business than the education business. They always took a cut of my pay, which I why I think their rates were much lower than the districts that directly employed me.
They treated me like a number rather than a person. I would get e-mails about food handler positions, long-term business positions, positions in elementary schools. I had no experience in either, English/Social Studies certified btw. They would never back me up if there was a complaint. Immediate ban. No questions asked. No courtesy call. I had to find out via Aesop. I guess they just wanted a warm body, someone who could add some coins to their pockets. A phone call, a message would have been nice.

Subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 03-21-2018, 07:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think all staffing companies are in the money making business. They saw an opportunity and took it and subs are the worse because of it. Unfortunately I think we are going to see more sub services in the future.

The district where I live uses Kelly Services. I looked into their contract because I can as I am a resident. Kelly Services gets a 10% finders fee if the district hires a teacher currently on the Kelly sub list. It is to a subs detriment to sub in this district if they want to get hired.

Several years ago a sub friend of mine was dropped by Kelly Services. They offered a variety of reasons why including claiming poor performance at schools where he had never subbed. He is math and science certified and only subbed high school and middle school. He contacted the principals and they told him he was one of their best subs.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

Old 04-14-2018, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

worked for kelly and penmac, they are just businesses, so you cant get too attached I guess. I like to work for the district I'm with, its much more personal. Teaching is a relational business, and agencies seem to be a barrier to that relationship to me.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote