Help

Kindergarten

Some things I'm loving about K

>

TeacherPK6

Some things I'm loving about K
Old 10-03-2018, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is my first year teaching K. It's quite the learning curve for me, but here's some things I'm loving about this age.

-They don't yet think they're too old for silly songs/nursery rhymes (as some of my 1st graders even did). The Itsy Bitsy Spider is a GREAT attention-getter.

-They delight in the simplest of concepts...when I asked them about their favorite thing they learned that day, many comments will be along the lines of "the letter C!"

-How quickly you can see growth. Not necessarily academics yet, but I'm really quite amazed comparing their ability to manage transitions, dismissal, stations, etc this week as opposed to the first week or two (and we've only been in school since just after Labor Day).

TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 10-04-2018, 04:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The quick progress, especially for those we call "exposure kids" (they haven't been exposed to anything but once you teach it, they learn it) is one of my favorite things.

Plus, the wacky stuff they say. I laugh all day long. I'm so glad you're enjoying K.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 10-04-2018, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

K is a fantastic age, and the things you have mentioned are some of the most fun. You can get kinders excited about almost anything as long as you look excited! They are just so eager to please and be a part of the group.

Just wait until the second half of the year - you'll be floored at the progress they make! It's so much fun to be a part of.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 10-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Kindergarten is the old first grade. I taught first grade for many years and loved the grade for many of the same reasons. I moved to kindergarten at the start of Common Core and love the k kids.
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

ily

Old 10-08-2018, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

yep, there is a huge learning curve with K and it can be such a challenging grade, but at the same time so much to love about it. I love that you are seeing all the great things about teaching K, because the first few months are the hardest

ily is offline   Reply With Quote