Kindergarten

Need a Second Job

>

JTeachesK1

JTeachesK1

Need a Second Job
Old 10-14-2018, 09:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if any other teachers out there work a second job. I'm looking into getting a second job (at least temporarily) because I need the extra income. I was just wondering what other teachers do to supplement their income. Teaching is my number one priorirty, so the second job will definitely need to be flexible (I just don't know what to look into). I was thinking about tutoring but I havent had much luck with finding anything.

Haley23

Old 10-14-2018, 11:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Is there any possibility of doing tutoring through your school for extra duty pay? I do that and make a lot more than I would getting some minimum wage job after school. It's not as much as I would make out on my own with 1:1 clients, but like you I could never figure out how to get clients in the first place. I also like not having to deal with any scheduling, commuting somewhere, no shows, or asking parents for money.

If that's not a possibility, I have a teacher friend who works at Starbucks and really enjoys it. They treat their employees well and at least around here, they tend to hire more adults over teens. She likes that it's completely different from teaching.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote