The Job Search

write my own reference letter

>

*teacher*

*teacher*

write my own reference letter
Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need a letter of recommendation from my principal for a master's program ...you might be thinking " how can i help?"

Well when I asked my principal for the letter...she said "I have such great faith in my staff that I will let you write it and I will sign it" That translates to ..." I am lazy and I dont feel like writing you a letter!"

I am not sure what to write in my own letter that a principal might write. Can you share any letters that you have gotten from principals?

mgs138

sample
Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

from www.about.com

To Whom it May Concern:
I highly recommend Michelle Johnson as a candidate for a teaching position. I have worked with Michelle in my position as Principal of St. Paul's School.
While a student, Michelle was employed in various teaching related-positions including teaching a museum program to fourth grade classes in the Huntington School District. Since then she has substituted at a variety of schools in the Long Island area, including St. Paul's.
Michelle has a wonderful rapport with people of all ages, especially children. Her ability to connect with her students and her talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior. She has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is extremely organized, reliable and computer literate. Michelle can work independently and is able to follow through to ensure that the job gets done. She accomplishes these tasks with great initiative and with a very positive attitude.
I recommend Michelle to you without reservation. If you have any further questions with regard to her background or qualifications, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,

Mary Haddock
Principal
St. Paul's School Reference Resources
mgs138 is offline   Reply With Quote

tpateacher

writing your own letter
Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Wow, that is weird...but you now have a great opportunity to include very specific things that make you the ideal teaching candidate. I would discuss your classroom environment and certain projects that you did in the classroom. I would include use of technology, community outreach, parental involvement, how you interact with staff and students, etc.
tpateacher is offline   Reply With Quote