Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 parent advisory committee

>

klkrueth

Title 1 parent advisory committee
Old 04-03-2006, 12:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does any schools have Title 1 parent advisory committees? We are trying to set one up and not getting too far. Can you give me some advise on when meetings are held? How often? Activities the committee is involved in? etc.
Thanks,
klkrueth

klkrueth is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

Old 04-05-2006, 01:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi, I didn't want your post to go unanswered, but we don't have a parent advisory committee at my school. My director asked all the Title teachers to give names of parents who would be willing and/or likely to serve on a committee, and remembering whose name I submitted, that must have been 3 years ago. I suppose they met a couple of times, then it wasn't brought up again the next year. I think it would be a wonderful committee to have in place. I think it would be appropriate for the committee to have input on familiy night gatherings, creation/revision of the parent/student/school compact, or looking at other needs of Title I students and parents and how to satisfy them.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

klkrueth

Thanks for the reply
Old 04-05-2006, 06:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

At the beginning of the year our director asked us to get one in place, because there wasn't one. This is my first year teaching Title 1 since 1988 and we didn't have one then either. I'm thinking not too many schools have them. We're going to try to get one started at our next Family Night. That's Thursday. We'll see what happens.
klkrueth is offline   Reply With Quote